Life Rushes On

After the craziness of the last two weeks with bombings and explosions across the country, its nice to see life just continue on. I think that's one thing that terrorism will never take away....a sense of normalcy. It eventually comes back, even if its years down the road. But for Christians, I'm glad to say, its not usually very long. I know who is in control. I know that He is working for the good of those that love Him. I know that He has plans that are more than anything we could possibly fathom! (Jer 29:11)

Rory and I attended a wedding of one of his best friends from high school this weekend. He was able to see a lot of people he hasn't seen since graduation and it was fun to sit and listen to the crazy things they got into back in the day. It was also crazy to see how things have obviously changed (even though I just met most of these people for the first time this weekend). The majority are married and already starting families. Its so crazy to think that my high school friends are in the same boat! The majority of people I graduated with are now married and a lot of them have at least one kid, if not two! We are slowly but surely becoming our parents....

Nothing big to report, just the "normalcy" that is the Guthrie's. We did start our first big remodeling project : ) We tore down the paneling in our "office" (it was really more of a junk room that happened to have the computer and printer in there) and moved the dining room furniture in there to create a separate dining room. At this point, everything we do to this house will be for the benefit of resale. Hopefully, we'll be done and ready to sell in the next decade ; )

My brother and his wife have been looking into buying a house and are in the process of moving in with the 'rents till they close on their house. I guess my parents will have to have all of us come back to live with them with our respective spouses at least once in our lives before they are finally rid of us ; ) Curt, you better warn your prospective wife of this fact so she can be prepared! Ha!

For now, life is moving forward and I am so excited to see what God has in store for us, our family and our friends in the years to come!

God bless!


Comments

Popular Posts