It's been a minute...

I know, I know. I'm WAY behind on the blog...

I just can't help that time seems to keep speeding up and we're all just trying to keep from getting run over by our crazy life!

Penny is now 7 1/2 months old (and I'm also behind on pictures 😐) and is in no hurry to slow down! She is officially on the move these days! I'm on a mission to organize the play room to keep the small toys out of her reach, which, unfortunately, also means they're out of Emma's reach. Short girl problems on the real. I also have a good number of things to actually baby-proof since Penny has also started pulling up on things - like I've said, in no hurry to slow down! We'll be taking some time over the next couple of days to anchor some furniture in the living room.


My poor attempt at 7 month pics





Exhausted from crawling


We have a crawler!


Our first Bible class!


She loved it!

If you're wondering why we haven't baby-proofed to this extent before now, it's because we were seriously spoiled with a child that had no curiosity when it came to large pieces of furniture or outlets. (*We do have all of the outlets covered. We're not that stupid!) All we had to do with Emma was say "no" one time and she wouldn't bother said object anymore. This is definitely not the case with Penny. She's such a curious baby and wants to see and touch EVERYTHING!

We're still working on longer sleep periods at night, and so far, she's up to 11 hours now...hallelujah! It took me figuring out that we have to put her down earlier to get her to sleep a tad later (makes no sense, but what baby does). She sleeps much sounder when her room is pitch black, so we may be making a trip to the store for better blackout curtains. I would LOVE to get her to sleep until 7 EVERY morning, not just every now and then. We'll see...

She's also met me a couple of times standing in her crib over the last week, so I decided to lower the crib last night. She was not a happy camper when she realized it was harder to pull up. Safety first, little stinker!

She's getting much faster these days too, and Rory is realizing the hard way that you can't take your eyes off her for even a second! She's into everything that she's not supposed to be - outlets, plugs, vent covers, etc. You name something that isn't something you'd want a baby to put in her mouth or put her mouth on and Penny will beat you to it! She's also discovered the stairs. I'm working with her on how to climb them so that we don't have to worry so much about gates everywhere. She gets stuck for right now because she hasn't quite caught on to the concept of getting that chunky leg up the stair, but when she does, I have a feeling it'll be very similar to her crawling experience - no slowing down!

Penny also got her first tooth this weekend! The drool has subsided to a slow dribble as opposed to the rushing torrent it was...at least, until the next tooth. She also tried a few sweet treats this weekend and absolutely loved them! Rory gave her a taste of some orange frosting from his orange roll Sunday morning and she was all about that! I then let her have a few licks of my Caramel Green Apple sucker and she couldn't get enough! She kept pulling my hand closer when I would bring the sucker to my mouth 😂 She did give a few shudders when she tasted the green apple flavor because it was sour, but she kept wanting more, so I assume she liked it. I'll wait on a couple more teeth before introducing puffs.

A small praise report here - Penny is now completely off her reflux meds!!! YAY! I have been slowly tapering back her dosage and then, out of shear luck, I forgot to give her some for a few days and realized that she was totally fine with it! Not that it was breaking the bank to refill it (a whopping $0.77), but it's definitely nice not to have to remember to call in her refills and make her take nasty grape-ish flavored meds.

Emma is getting more and more excited about Halloween this year. We'll see if she actually likes it or if she's just building it up in her mind. She found her costume and talks about it all the time. She'll also tell you that she can't wear it until Halloween and then Santa Clause will come and we can hang the Minnie Mouse ornament on the tree and then open Christmas presents. 😂 She's such a little smarty pants these days. She definitely cracks Rory and me up on a daily basis! We're still working on sharing and jealousy, more so now that Penny can actually get to her toys. She still loves her baby sister and I hope that she keeps that loving side.


She's Shimmer!



Emma couldn't stop laughing!





Penny was over it...



Bail out!

Life with a 7 1/2 month old and a 3 1/2 year old is by no means boring, but I wouldn't trade it for anything! Rory and I are less than a week away from our 7 year wedding anniversary, a month and a half away from Thanksgiving, 2 1/2 months away from Christmas, and 3 months away from 2018! Time is no friend to me...

God has blessed us beyond our imagination and I am speechless at His blessings! I can't wait to keep doing life with our party of 4 and see what craziness we get into! Everyone enjoy the first week in October! I hope fall is not far behind ;)

God bless!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts