Life as we know it

I have been the worst lately at keeping this blog up. When I find time to sit down and breath, I inevitably fall asleep from sheer exhaustion. This is my season of life though...

Penny turned 9 months old last week. I blinked. It has amazed me how fast this time has gone by! I feel like Emma was a baby for years and now we're staring down the barrel at having a 1 year old and a 4 year old! I can barely catch my breath at how fast it's all going! I want to soak up all the moments of both of them because I know this is the first time we'll have a 4 year old and the last time we'll have a 1 year old 😢 I just can't seem to wrap it all up and enjoy it all from all the stress of having a small child and a toddler. It's truly a conundrum.

Penny is moments away from walking. She's pulling up on everything and is fast as lightning at crawling. She’s able to stand up by herself for a few seconds and even has the look of thinking seriously about taking a step before squatting to crawl.  She's also extremely curious and gets into everything she shouldn't. She's got her daddy's temper but is a mostly happy kid. She loves to smile and giggle at us, and I'm pretty sure she thinks we're the weirdest people ever. She's quite observant but can't stand to be excluded in anything going on. She's going to be my tester for sure!

Emma is experiencing the world of sibling jealousy to its fullest. She loves her baby sister will all her little heart, but only as long as Penny Rae doesn't play with toys that she thinks she has to have that instant. She's a conniving little thing too, which is 100% me. She'll try to convince Penny to play with another toy just so she can have the toy that Penny is playing with at the moment. But isn't that any kid? She's a bossy little thing to boot! She'll tell Penny "no, no" when she's crawling somewhere she shouldn't or grabbing something she doesn't need to. I foresee many "discussions" in our future with me telling her I'm the mama, not her. Rory's already had to have many "talks" about how he's the boss, not her. I have to hold back the laughter because the similarities of me and her are uncanny! It's terrifying at the same time, though. Her teenage years are going to be my least favorite. Lord, give me strength!

Since my last post, life has happened. My brother and SIL are excitedly expecting! I can't want to find out what little Herm is so I can shower them with so many cute and unnecessary gifts! I’m secretly hoping that they have a girl so that I can pass down the hoardes of clothes taking up our attic right now 😂

My grandfather also suffered a stroke about a month ago and is now in a rehab facility working on regaining his strength. It was quite scary because he had also just had shoulder surgery to help with some bone spurs. If any of you readers are in the medical field, you're figuring out now just how serious of an issue this turned into. The ER had to give him blood thinners to help move the clot from the stroke, but this caused his blood that was clotting from his recent surgery to stop clotting, thus causing a major bleed. The doctors made the right call in saving his brain, but we almost lost him to bleeding out, but thankfully, the doctors were able to stop it and replace the blood he lost. We'll be traveling over to Columbus for Thanksgiving and I'm so excited to be able to see him! I've been terrible at going to see him and my grandmother and I'm thankful that God has allowed him to survive to see us again! This is a good lesson in spending time with family while they’re still here 😬

In other big news, Rory and I have made the big decision...we’re moving to Nashville at the first of the year. This decision has been in the works for a little over a year, going back and forth between yes and no, but we finally made the call a month ago that it was going to happen by 2018. We’re excited about what God is working in our lives and we can’t wait to see what He has in store for us in the Volunteer State! We’re sad to be leaving so many of our family and friends, but we know that we won’t be far away (only a couple hours) and we would love to have visitors once we’re settled! Jobs are still being worked out but we’re hoping that everything comes together quickly, at least for me, so that Rory won’t have to be up there by himself for long before his girls join him 😊 We know that God’s got this and we’re excited for what the future holds!

I hope everyone is getting excited about the upcoming holidays! I can’t believe Thanksgiving is less than a week away and Christmas will be close behind! Guess I got to get my shopping on soon 😉

God bless!

Comments

Popular Posts