New State for the New Year

I have to confess something: the thought of change has always excited me, but when you get down to brass tacks, that actual change terrifies me! I don’t think I’m alone in this feeling though ๐Ÿ˜‰

So it’s with a terrifying excitement that Rory and I make the move to Spring Hill, TN...in 4 weeks! I’ve been excited about the move since we decided at the end of October that it was going to happen sometime after the first of the year. Once things started to come together, the date started moving closer and closer to the actual first of the year and my excitement turned into nervous excitement, and now terrifying excitement! I know that God’s got this and we’ll be just fine, but it’s hard not to get nervous about change and the unknown. We now both have jobs that start January 2nd and have found a house to rent. My prayer life has grown by leaps and bounds in the last month! Praises to God for humbling me big time and reminding me just how much I need him!

Trying to make a three year old understand the concept of moving is a challenge too. Emma knows that we’re moving and going to be closer to Mammie and Lola, but I don’t think she quite grasps the situation of leaving everyone in Alabama and moving to a new place permanently. Kids are resilient though ๐Ÿ˜Š

We’ll be back down a good bit in January and February for Penny to have a visit with an allergist and her one year checkup. There was no way I was giving up Dr. King and Vivi just yet ๐Ÿ˜‰ We see an allergist in January to discuss her eczema and what may be the root of it. I’ve seriously tried EVERYTHING I know to slather on her little body to help clear it up, but to no avail. She had some lab work done at her 9 month appointment a couple of weeks ago to make sure that was clear, and everything came back perfect. Now, I’m afraid it’s the hardcore allergy test she’s about to need to undergo. I’m all for getting to the bottom of this though! Better to know now than to figure it out the hard way!

We’ll also be making a trip down in April to meet the newest Couchman! I can’t wait to meet the little one and I know Will and Audra’s lives are about to reach a whole new level of crazy with a newborn and their toddler foster daughter! I know they'll cherish every minute though!

So now begins the cleaning, packing, celebrating Christmas, more cleaning, and more packing. It's going to be a busy 4 weeks but I'm excited (and a little terrified) to be a Tennessean! But don't think for a second this will make me a Vols fan...War Eagle! I hope everyone enjoys this college championship football weekend! Let's go Tigers!

God bless!


Comments

Popular Posts