New Adventures for a New Year

It's a New Year and we are officially Tennesseans! This weekend was a pure blur, but we got ourselves here and most of our stuff. We keep thinking of things that we left behind, but luckily, we'll be able to go back for other trips until Mom and Dad sell the house. Now comes the unpacking...

It's amazing just how much "stuff" you accumulate over many years. I felt like we had a ton of stuff when we lived in our tiny two bedroom house right after we got married, but now, after living in a house basically double that size, we DEFINITELY have a ton of stuff. God was watching over us and changed the schedule for the weekend, but to the good of our sanity! We ended up having a whole day and a half to load the moving truck, which we definitely needed. Interestingly, it takes a fraction of the time to unload. We're thanking the good Lord for that! Ain't nobody got time to unload a moving truck in 20 degree weather!

I was proud of myself for not getting too emotional on Sunday when we loaded up for the "last" time. I was really looking forward to getting the house set up and now, seeing how work will go. Work has been doing a good job of keeping my mind on everything but moving. It's been pretty crazy the last several weeks with open enrollment ending and trying to cross train between me and the girl that are swapping jobs. I'm excited that I'll be able to work from home, but I'm a little nervous that it'll be harder than it sounds to stay accountable. I know that I have the discipline to work from home, but having two little princesses running around (Mammy will be there to help watch them) will make it a challenge. Once it gets warm outside, I know I'll want to take them to parks and the zoo and whatever else we can find to get into! My time management skills are about to be tested to the max! I can do all things through Him who strengthens me, though ;)

As if making a big move isn't emotional enough, Penny turned 10 months old two weeks ago and is working on walking! She's taken a few steps so far and I have to say, I'm an even combination of excited and sad. This mama is not ready for her last baby to grow up! I know we have so much to look forward to with both of our girls growing up, but I'm not ready for Penny to leave the baby stage yet. She's already decided that she doesn't like for me to rock her to sleep at night anymore. She reaches straight for her crib when I get close enough and then just lays down and pulls the covers over herself. Can I just spend the rest of the day crying now?

I've laughed and talked to my family and friends about just how different Emma and Penny are. I know they're two different people, but there are so many differences, it's crazy! Emma is our "calmer" child, but has no lack of personality! She is 1000% girl, complete with frills and bows! She loves everything pink and princess and whatever else you can relate to girliness. She also LOVES to sing (a girl after my own heart!) and has a flare for the dramatic.
Penny is our wild one! She can't stop, even for a second. It's 100 mph from the moment her eyes open. Nothing stands in her way if she wants something - she will climb over, under, or through whatever it is. Seriously. She's such a happy kid too! She's smiling most of time, when she's not hungry or tired. And the girl can eat! Her big sister was just like that when she was younger, but has morphed into the pickiest eater alive. Penny does have particular tastes, so she won't eat just anything, but she'll eat a whole lot of whatever she decides she likes!

I think the thing I'm looking forward to the most with the latest change in work is being able to watch them grow first hand! I know we have somewhat done this already, but there's so much we missed with them being in daycare. Emma only has one more year before she starts Kindergarten so I plan on soaking in as much time as I can. I know I'll still be working, but I will be able to watch them play and interact from the comfort of my desk. The only thing better would be to not be working at all and get to take them on adventures every day! In His time...

I guess I'll be working on getting acclimated to new weather as well as a new work atmosphere. Tonight is a balmy 5 degrees. Seriously. This cold is for the birds! I know I'm further north, but not THAT north! I keep sneaking peeks outside to see if there's any white stuff falling, because that's the only thing that should be happening when it's this cold. Nothing so far. I think we are predicted to get some next weekend, but that's more than 24 hours away so that will likely change. I know everyone else is experiencing some cooler-than-normal temps this week, so I hope you all are staying warm! Maybe the cold will freeze the crazy flu germs that are swarming around everywhere!

I hope everyone has had a great start to 2018 and may God bless you in His ways this year!

God bless!


Comments

Popular Posts