Time flies in New Adventures

I feel like I've been trying to herd a houseful of cats into a tiny bathtub for the last month and a half...

Don't get me wrong, our new adventure has turned out to be just that; an adventure. We've already faced the unexpected, gotten everyone into a routine, broken that routine, and now found a new routine that feels like it's on the verge of falling apart at any moment. But that's pretty much the definition of life, right?

I feel like I've aged about 10 years in the last eight weeks, but I can't imagine being on this adventure with anyone except my little family! I know God has so much more planned for us and I'm actually excited to take it on! I know He is faithful to give us the strength and opportunities we need to not only take care of our little family, but grow His family too! I would like to ask for prayers from everyone who reads this that His will always be done, regardless of what that means for us physically.

Life has not ceased to slow down since we pulled up our Alabama roots and relocated them to Tennessee. The girls are adjusting great and so are we (so far). I have my moments of internal freak out where I just want to go back to the way things were, living just a few hours from my parents, minutes from one of my brothers, not paying an arm and a leg in rent (or mortgage), and just being in a better sense of predictability. Then I think about how I wouldn't get the same excitement of venturing into the unknown. I also think about who I'm taking this adventure with and how God is always there, too, and my fears subside. How am I supposed to grow if I don't take chances?



Emma is really enjoying being able to stay at home and tells me often how much she loves that I'm here with her. She's slowly getting the idea that I can't play with her during the day because I have to work. As long as Vampirina or Puppy Pals is on and she has her toys to keep her occupied, she's good. We do take breaks to go to the bathroom or get snacks and the last couple of days, we've been able to go outside for a few minutes and enjoy warmer weather. We're working on learning the correct way to ride a bike. She's having trouble with keeping her feet moving forward on the pedals, but that's more my fault for not getting her out on her tricycle more when we were in Alabama. She'll get it soon.

Penny is into more and more now that she's walking everywhere. She's working on getting faster and morphing into a run since sister likes to chase her. She's got one new tooth that FINALLY popped through and is working on a couple more. Only having three teeth doesn't deter her from eating just about anything that she can get her hands on. This includes her sister's chips that accidentally get left open on the floor and whatever is within reach on mom or dad's plate. She's a little pickier than Emma was at that age but she's still a great eater. I'm praying hard that she stays that way and doesn't turn into Emma with her three-food preference of waffles, sandwiches and yogurt. Now, both of them will tear up any dessert, but you can't live off of cake along 😉



We had a great first birthday for Miss P. She performed just how every parent wishes their one year old would with a smash cake! It was EVERYWHERE! I think about 1/8 of what she grabbed actually made it to her mouth while the rest landed in her hair, face, lap, floor and a few places on the wall. It was quite entertaining. The cleanup was not, however. I tossed her in the bathtub thinking I could just rinse her off, but the cake and icing kept covering the drain so the bathtub just filled up with white, pink and yellow water with bits of cake floating around. Add in the very first occurrence of Penny pooping in the tub, and you have the perfect mom nightmare. We handled it though - with the help of half a bottle of soap, toilet paper, and a couple of wash rags. We're still washing out butter residue from her hair 😂 Buttercream icing may be delicious, but it's still butter-based so its terrible to try and clean up! I don't know if it would have been any better to do cream cheese icing.










Rory and I are traversing some choppy waters together as of late, but we're trusting God to work everything out to His glory and we're looking forward to what plan he has! Keep us in your prays that things work out soon but that we also learn the lesson God needs us to.

We've also been blessed to find a great Christian family that we are looking forward to growing with! I can't wait to see where God takes us with Rolling Hills!

I hope everyone in the south is enjoying this unseasonably warm weather we're having. I know it likely won't last, but I'm praying we don't have to endure anymore super cold or snow this season! I'm so over cold! Bring on the heat 😊

God bless!

Comments

Popular Posts