God's Timing is Everything

I have heard and lived the phrase "if you want to hear God laugh, tell him your plans". It never ceases to amaze me how God works plans out ever so perfectly and in His perfect time. I know I sound like a broken record a lot and I can't imagine how frustrated God gets with me when things finally fall into place and I see the plan God had all along. I have done much better (in my opinion) with letting go the last several weeks and just letting things fall where they will.

I didn't divulge a lot of information over the past several weeks other than Rory and I were going through something that was requiring a lot of faith on our part to know that things would work out. Now that things are starting to fall into place, I can finally get it off my chest. Thank you to all who prayed for us! To start, Rory lost his job at the end of January. Talk about a major blow for us after having relocated our family all the way up here for this job! We didn't come just for the job, but the job was a huge factor in allowing us to move. I spent a good portion of the next week crying and stressing because I had no clue what we were going to do. We certainly couldn't live off just my income! In the industry that Rory works in, the timing was about as terrible as you could get - it's the middle of winter and work was just not in enough demand so no one was hiring. Even retail places weren't hiring because they had just carried over seasonal employees to become full time if they needed it! We were blessed that we had just filed our taxes early and were getting a good bit back from the government so that was able to give us what we needed to make it for a little while. We had also recently started saving up more money to be able to get a house in a year or two so we had a little put back for that. We thank God for blessing us with those backup plans!

Also by the grace of God, Rory had made several connections in the industry from working for almost 5 years at Cedar Creek so he had people pulling every string there was out there! In the end, it was an application on a job finding website that got him the break he was looking for! He started his new job last week! We had to take a pretty significant pay cut, but it was a foot in the door that was more important. The company he is now working for also has MUCH cheaper insurance than my company does and comparable quality so that was a no-brainer! We came close to making up the difference on swapping insurance alone! Another nod to God ;)

I told Rory in the beginning of this crazy ride that it was God's plan that we be up here so the first job was a way to get us up here and this job will keep us up here. We never would have found this one or the amazing church family that we've become a part of had we not taken the leap to move. Another lesson I've learned is to be better stewards of our financial blessings. It's beyond humbling to realize that even at our "poorest", we are so richly blessed beyond what the majority of this world has, monetarily. But more importantly, we are richly blessed with non-monetary things. I couldn't have made it through the last several weeks without the support and love from our family and friends, and especially without the cool head of my husband. He never once doubted that we would be just fine. Deep down, I knew we would too, but unfortunately, that didn't prevent me from worrying about HOW it would happen. This situation has spotlighted my flaws! I struggle with worry and anxiety over things I cannot control! I know I'm not alone, but it shouldn't be something that I have in my life because I know what's really important in life, and it's not money or things. It's one of those "easier said than done" situations. I have grown in my faith and I can only thank God for allowing this lesson to be taught. I have been through the fire and come out a little purer. This is by no means the end of my molding, but I am grateful that I have come out of this with a better perspective on what is important. I still have my amazing little family, supportive extended family and friends, and the opportunity to grow and experience a new adventure. I also still have my God and my faith. Those are what really matter.

So again, thank you to everyone who lifted up prayers for us and everyone who provided a shoulder for me to cry on! You guys will never know how much your love and concern mean to us!

With that, a quick update on other goings-on in our big adventure:

Penny has been a handful and a half lately. She came down with a double ear infection just after her first birthday. Add in cutting four more teeth AT THE SAME TIME and you have quite a challenge on your hands. Nothing this super mom (and God) couldn't handle though! She's still got 3 teeth to cut through, but we're over the ear infections and trying to get back to being independent (she got real clingy for a while there).



Emma is growing up right before our eyes! She'll do something that I had no clue she knew how to do and it will hit me square in the face that she's growing up. We're closing in on her 4th birthday in just a little over 2 weeks. I can't believe my first baby is going to be 4! How does that happen so fast?! Along with being as adorable as every, she's getting a very nasty defiant streak coupled with a little 'tude. It doesn't bode well for her a lot of the time, but I'm working on being consistent in discipline. It's scary just how much like me she is....


We're also down to one month before my new nephew is born! I catch myself looking back at baby pictures of Emma and Penny and I can't wait to snuggle a newborn again! I have complete confidence it will not give me baby fever (I quite enjoy sleeping a full 9 hours when I want to!) but I'm so excited and impatient to smell that new baby smell and snuggle a sweet new baby! Come on Jack! Aunt Carrie can't wait forever!

Now that my brain has been sufficiently dumped, I hope everyone enjoys another unpredictable week of spring weather. We got to enjoy a light dusting of snow on Monday and am now looking forward to highs of near 70 and sunny tomorrow! I just can't escape the southern winter/spring weather whiplash!

God bless!

Comments

Popular Posts