Time is all relative

I'm in almost utter disbelief that we've now lived in Tennessee for half a year! I still remember the madness of packing and moving within one weekend like it was yesterday. I'm in no hurry to relive that experience, btw.

Life has been a whirlwind of new adventures, both scary and exciting. Through it all, I know that God has been watching out for us and providing for us. We're knee deep in our first summer here, and so far, there's not much of a difference between here and Alabama. I thought there might be a slight reprieve from suffocating humidity, but alas, it's just as humid up here. We are only a mere 150 miles from Birmingham, so I guess it was just wishful thinking on my part.

Rory has been expanding his job training with a couple of trips to Tampa and is hoping that this will make him more indispensable at work. We are both well aware of what it's like to unexpectedly lose a job, so we are praying hard that we don't have to go through that for a long time. He is absolutely loving his job, and it's so amazing how God works in ways you never expect and they turn out to be better than you ever imagined! His current job was actually third down on the list when he was looking for work and it turned out to be so perfect for us. I shouldn't have doubted God in the least, but my nature of worry got the better of me. God is still good, though, and continues to bless us so big!

Emma is just her usual diva self. She has completed all of her doctor's visits for now in regards to the Turner's diagnosis, and all of them have produced great results. After a good amount of research and other people's experiences, I have realized that HGH therapy will do so much more than just help her height. We will be looking into starting that soon, pending insurance approvals for the hormones. Since her case of TS is milder, there's really no way of us knowing what to expect with other aspects of her health until it happens (or doesn't happen) so it will be a lifelong game of wait-and-see. I've noticed after reading other parents' experiences with their daughters that, even though Emma is small for her age, she's actually bigger than a good portion of girls that have the typical cases of TS. We're optimistic that even if Emma doesn't grow past five feet tall, she'll be able to rock some high heals whenever she wants! ;)

Penny is growing like a weed! She's quickly catching up to Emma and has already grown into 18-24 month clothes! She can actually fit into a few 2T dresses and shirts, which blows my mind. Emma was just wearing those less than a year ago! It won't be long before we have to start buying two of every item of clothing because they'll both be in the same size. She's also really close to the same size in weight and has a tendency to play rough, so wrestling between the two of them usually results in Emma being the one that gives up first. We're about to start working on getting rid of the paci since P has woken up a few times the last couple of nights because she dropped her paci. She really only uses it when she naps or goes to bed so hopefully the transition will be similar to Emma's and result in only one night of whining for five minutes. I'm going to go ahead and say that it will not go like that, but here's hoping! Her vocabulary has also improved almost over night! She says so many words now and tries (and succeeds most of the time) to mimic when we say things to her. I predict in the next few months that she'll be speaking in short sentences. I'm working on a few signs for her to try until she can use words, but so far, her attention span is still so short that I can't get her to pay attention for more than a few seconds. Such is life with an almost-one-and-a-half year old...

With time rushing by faster and faster these days, we've got a few plans in the works over the next several months that I'm excited to see where God takes them. I've got a few work trips to take, including a VERY exciting one to Waco and Dallas in November, Rory could possibly have another trip to Tampa for more training, and we're tentatively planning a mountain trip with the Guthrie clan sometime in the late fall. I'm most excited (even though I won't be able to see him in person for a while) about the arrival of another nephew in October. I can't wait to plan a trip to go meet little Hampton sometime over the next year! Living so far away from family does stink, but it makes it that much more special when we do get to see each other and spend time together. Until then, I'll be sending my love to Hampton, Curt and Ashton from Tennessee! Thank goodness for Facetime too!

I hope everyone is enjoying their summer and staying cool! It's been a hot one here and I'm about ready for football and fall in a few more months!

God bless!

Comments

Popular Posts