When September Ends

The end of September is literally a day away and I can't wait to dive head first into fall and all the holidays forthcoming!

It's been a little bit since my last update so I thought I would do a brain dump. The girls have two months of school under their belt now and things are going pretty well. It's still pretty apparent that Emma hates math and English classes, but she's got some good teachers and I, for one, know how important it can be to have good teachers! Penny's excelling at just about everything, except maybe keeping her attention on school work at school ;) I'm just trying to keep her from getting bored because her understanding of subjects seems to come so easy and natural. She's so much like my little brother, it's scary lol!


Emma has joined chorus this year and really seems to like it. Music was always a big part of my life and family growing up, so it made me so excited that she wanted to try this! Their first performance is coming up in November and they've been working so hard so I'm excited to see it!

Rory's done with all his major matches for the year so now it's working on local matches and some new things. He and some friends are going to a private class in North Carolina for eight days in just a couple of weeks and I know he's so excited. We'll miss him so much being gone for that long, but I know this is a once-in-a-lifetime kind of deal, so I'm excited for him! He's got a few new guns this year that I know he's excited to shoot and get classified in for competitions. Getting to go and watch him at some national matches this year was really fun and made me want to shoot again lol. One of these days I'll get more into it, but for now, it's fun to just get to go to the range and shoot all of the different guns. The girls are even trying out some. Penny has interest for about one shot and then she's ready to move on to playing in the dirt lol! Emma's shot a few full size guns with Rory and has liked it. I love that we're teaching them the right and safe way to be around guns and not to be afraid of them! So different than the way I grew up.


Work is still going well and we're gearing up for another open enrollment season soon. We're also changing a bunch of things so I'm getting to try my hand at a full implementation of a new payroll system. So far, switching from HR to Payroll has been great! I still get to dabble in the HR world to help our director but I get to work more with numbers, which I've loved! I'm also getting ready to present at a conference in Orlando in a couple of weeks. I'm nervous but excited! I got to present at last year's conference too, but that was far less preparation because I didn't know I was presenting until I got there lol! This year, I've put together all the content and presentation so I've been prepared for months. The best thing about this conference is that we get to take a trip to Disney AND a trip to Universal! It's been a hot minute since I've ridden any roller coasters, so I'm SOOOO excited! It'll be the same week that Rory's in North Carolina, so my mom has graciously agreed to come stay with the girls until I get back. I know they'll have fun. Who doesn't love a week with Reesee?!

Emma's doctor's appointments are still going well. She had a checkup with her endo at the beginning of this month and everything is looking good. She's finally broken 50 pounds lol! She's still projected to be about 4'10" or 4'11", but that's a good bit more than she would have been if she hadn't been on GH since she was four. Also on the subject of her GH, we've had the unfortunate experience of dealing with medicine shortages this summer. For whatever reason, the brand she's been on for the last couple of years ran out and they didn't expect to have any for the remainder of the year. We had to scramble at the last minute and have her doctor write a Rx for another brand, which meant a whole new pen and process for giving her meds. We had that for about a month and then the pharmacy said they had her old medicine back in all of a sudden. Then it was another scramble to get an updated Rx for the OLD medicine and more new pens. I know it's only an inconvenience for us, but it makes my heart hurt for people who takes medicines that are literally life-saving and necessary and are running out! Something's got to give...

So now we head into the fall and hopefully some weather that will follow suit. It's been a weird year for weather and I think it's got all the plants confused. Our bushes have been asleep pretty much all year, likely from the hard freeze we had last December, so now they're all waking up and blooming! It's wreaking havoc on all of our allergies, but this too shall pass. It may pass like a kidney stone though. It's also finally football season, although as an Auburn fan, it may be a long and painful one :/ I'm hoping at least one team in our house will have a decent season, so here's to the Vols! Happy fall y'all!

God bless!

Comments

Popular Posts