God's innumerable blessings : )

I can't believe Thanksgiving is already upon us! This year has flown by but it has been a memorable one : ) God has blessed us in so many ways and they just keep on coming!

Mom and Dad got back from Africa on Tuesday and have just about gotten over their jet-lag. They had so many great stories that it's made me want to go now! Rory and I are seriously thinking about going in the summer of 2013 (now that we're not going to Greece). Dad said it was the most rewarding trip he's ever taken : ) He was talking about how pictures can't even begin to describe what its like. The places that they went are among the poorest areas on the continent of Africa...and they literally lived in huts with thatched roofs. But he said they were also the most content people he's ever seen....which says a lot about the US : / I can see a difference in my Dad too. He's more humbled than anything. I'm not sure what he was expecting but I can tell its changed him. My mom has been changed as well. She had, on average, 70 kids a day to teach! She can handle 5 in classes at church now no problem haha! I would love to be able to go and teach children like that!

I also found out some exciting news yesterday from one of my best friends, Sarah Cooper. She's expecting!!! My other best friend, Rachel, and I figured she'd be the first of us to have a baby : ) She and her husband got married almost exactly 6 months before Rory and me and we were both in each other's weddings. Now I get to share in the joy of their first child with them! I am so excited for them and I can't wait to see their little Cooper! I told Rory yesterday that I'm already getting impatient...and its not even mine! Haha!

Rory and I will be headed to Mt. Pleasant this weekend for a Guthrie Thanksgiving : ) I know there's ganna be some good food! I gotta start expanding my stomach now to get ready for a Columbus Thanksgiving next week : )

God bless!

Comments

Popular Posts