'Tis the season

I cannot believe that Christmas is a week and a half away! I am in no way prepared, but that's nothing new : ) I usually don't get anything done until the weekend before like most Americans. Usually, everyone freaks out because Christmas catches them off guard, somehow insinuating that they had no idea that it was the 25th of December and that it came faster than the other 25th's of the rest of the months : ) This year, it didn't sneak up on me nor did it catch me off guard. We're just broke as a joke and have been trying to scrimp and save every penny so that we CAN go shopping this weekend : ) But it will be a great holiday regardless of the presents (or lack thereof) because we will be spending it with lots of family! Rory and I will be headed to Tennessee next Friday to spend the Christmas weekend with his family (ALL of them) which will include lots of food, fun, and undoubtedly, some craziness. We will get back to Bham on Christmas evening and will be having brunch with my family on Monday since no one has to go to work that day : ) Then will begin the week of craziness at work where everyone and their mamma are trying to get orders in and released before the end of the year. And I will probably be one of maybe five people at work that week. Craziness....

Speaking of craziness...remembering back to last Christmas, it was our first white christmas EVER! Or at least MY first white Christmas ever. This year, I'm not holding out much hope for snow...at all. Today is a week and a half till Christmas and its 75 degrees in the great city of Bham...where are my shorts and flip flops?! Seriously, its a little ridiculous considering they were talking about snow 3 weeks ago...not that we got any, but still. Winters in the south...what are you ganna do...

God bless!

Comments

Popular Posts