It's been spring in Alabama since November...

So its been a while since I posted something on here, but that's only because life has been dull and predictable for the last few months...and I'm sure no one wants to be bored by reading about my uneventfully wonderful life ; )

It really has been same-ole same-ole around Casa de Guthrie. Just work...and school...and work. Rory is doing really well in school and has finally decided that he really likes drafting, so that's what he's doing. Which is good, because I can actually help with that! Lily will be two next month and it's definitely starting to show! She has slowed down a good bit (which I am NOT complaining about) and she has become so cuddly. I think I've decided that our next dog will be a DOG and not a puppy.

Work has been somewhat of a challenge for me lately. My "boss" (not really my true boss, but he likes to think he is) has been a nightmare and has definitely been testing me...which is really testing my faith. I am so grateful that God has allowed this test to come to me because I know I will grow from it and be so much stronger afterward. Having said that, it doesn't make it any easier to deal with. We're talking about a 60-something year old man that acts worse than a 2 year old most of the time! I recently learned that speaking my mine with calmness and respect goes a long way. I never would have been able to do that 3 years ago but God has taught me through this job that having tough skin will allow me to communicate what needs to be said while still having a good heart. Thankfully this job hasn't taken that yet! ; )

As we go into a new year (which btw, it's still really weird to write 2013 on everything), we are already making plans for fun and change but always trying to keep in mind that its not our plans, but God's, that will ultimately prevail. Lord willing, we will be going to Universal Studios in April! I am beyond excited to get to go to the Harry Potter part!!! I've been wanting to go since it opened but had come to the conclusion that it would be a Rory-and-I-with-the-kids kind of trip somewhere in the distant future. And yet, here we are planning the trip in the next 2 months!!! I got a killer deal on a villa in Orlando from Groupon that made this all possible! Colby and Will and Audra will be joining us as well and I am so excited, I just want it to be here already! In addition to that, we are planning to go to the beach in June, which will be my first beach trip since our honeymoon (2 1/2 years ago)! I have been missing me some beach!

Other changes hopefully pending this year is the upgrade and selling of our house! We already have a list of things to fix with the house and then we want out of there! It might not be this year, but its better to have a goal. We've talked about how we're already outgrowing this house and it's just the two of us! We could possibly fit another small human being in there but we'll just have to see how that goes ; ) We'll most likely use some of our tax money to fix up some small things around the house that are basically "lipstick" projects -  for those of you who aren't design savvy, "lipstick" refers to cosmetic fixes that don't require hard labor like tearing down or building walls or ripping things out) and then save up some serious cash to revamp the bathroom. Whoever built this house was seriously inebriated when building the bathroom so there are some major upgrades that need to happen in there!

With Rory still in school for at least the next two years, we're pretty stuck here in the great city of Gardendale but we're always looking towards bigger and better things (but not without enjoying the here-and-now). Life is great and we couldn't be more blessed with everything that has come our way. Thanks definitely be to our great God!!!

God bless!

Comments

Popular Posts