A little behind...

I'm a tad behind on my weekly updates on our family happenings, but to be fair, it's been pretty hectic!

Emma now has her first bout with the croup. Trust me, it's no walk in the park for mom and dad either! I got the feeling something was coming Saturday when she spent a good part of the day sleeping (more than usual) and then was very clingy and cuddly that evening. I should have seen the warning signs and prepared myself for a long night...cuz it was. Up every hour from 10 to 3 and then finally gave it up so mama and daddy could get a good 4 hours of uninterrupted sleep. The sad thing was her cries. She sounded so raspy and cruddy and her cough sounded like a bark! She would get upset whenever she coughed because it hurt her, which in turn hurt my heart because I can't stand to see my baby sick :( so we had a girls pj day yesterday and vegged out on the couch :)


Thankfully, the doctor was able to call us in some meds to help her out. Getting her to take them is a whole other story. They gave us pills because the liquid tastes so bad but if anyone has ever experienced the taste of crushed up pills (or goodys powder), you know it's pretty terrible. I tried mixing the powder in her food but it just made the food taste bad, so she wouldn't eat that and even threw it up. I tried giving her bites of the food followed by her bottle to wash it down but she didn't eat her whole bottle so we couldn't get her to eat all the food with the pill in it. Tonight, we'll go another route and try to crush it up in a syringe and mix it with juice to see if she'll take it that way. I plan on having the bottle ready to go as soon as she finishes the juice so she has something to wash the taste out of her mouth with. Who knew giving babies meds would be so tricky?

In other news, Rory's dad got the best report we could have prayed for! No signs of cancer anywhere! He will still go for routine scans every few months because of the type of cancer it is but we are continuously praying for good reports like this one! We plan on celebrating thanksgiving in Tennessee this weekend and that's definitely one of the biggest things we can be thankful for to God!

As we head into my favorite stretch of holidays, I'm excited about seeing friends and family we haven't seen in a while and to see how Emma will react to so much going on. She's good so far in large crouds so we'll see how she does around her crazy family ;) The next several weekends are booked, but what would you expect around this time of year?! Let's just hope the weather cooperates. As it stands now, we've got wintery temps this week and then rounding out the weekend back in the 60s...oh southern falls/winters. But we're ready with E's new fall clothes that she's gotten from us and Reesee and Pop. She even got a big winter coat that totally reminds me of the coat that the kid on A Christmas Story wore where his arms wouldn't go down lol! I will definitely be getting pictures to document her cuteness and to keep for blackmail purposes ;) I even made her a thanksgiving outfit that I'm so excited for her to wear! Pinterest inspired, of course...



Thank you to Momo for lending us the supplies to make it!

Hope everyone has a great week before Thanksgiving!

God bless!


Comments

Popular Posts