The Tooth Troll

We have been hosting a very ungracious house guest this past week...the tooth troll. This is the opposite of the tooth fairy in that he brings teeth instead of taking them and he leaves a grumpy, miserable baby instead of a shiny coin, or as most tooth fairies do today, the good paper money.

Emma is full on teething like I've never seen! We're talking the excessive drool, HORRIBLE diapers, low grade fever, and a super grumpy baby that doesn't want to eat anything. Lucky for us, her sleep hasn't been effected, but there's always time for that too ;)



She'd gotten really good at eating three good meals a day of just about everything and now she'll barely touch anything but applesauce, milk or juice. I'm praying really hard for these teeth to hurry up and pop through!

On the good side of it, she's been very cuddly and just wants to sleep most of the time, which I'm totally fine with both. But this also means less time working on walking or crawling. We learned this morning that most of her skills, she perfects in her crib. Rory walked in this morning to find her crawling (for real crawling!) towards the edge of her crib to pull herself up to see him. She couldn't quite get from a crawling position to standing so we helped a little and then she was up and ready to go...for about 5 minutes. Then it was hello to the tooth troll. I know this is all part of the growing process, but can't we just skip the miserable baby part and give me back my hilarious, happy child?! I see glimmers of the silly Emma poke through every so often to give me hope...stupid tooth troll.

I'm hoping all of this will pass before the 18th as I'll be making my first business trip out of town since Emma's been born. I'm traveling to Texas on Monday and getting back in Thursday. I can't tell you how nervous I am! This will be one of the first times I'll be away from my baby overnight and for an extended time. I know it will just make me that much more excited to get back and see her! I know she'll be well taken care of between her daddy and her Reesee who'll be staying the whole week. Mrs Cindi will be taking a well deserved vacation that week (I know, perfect timing for a business trip...) so Emma will get a lot of quality time with the family :)

Also on the docket for the near future is a much anticipated date night for me and Rory and some friends. We're planning on trying the Breakout Birmingham thing going on right now. I'm pretty excited about it, even if we don't get out :) This date night is much needed too! No mommy and daddy duty for a few hours and just spending time with other friends who will be leaving "mommy" and "daddy" titles at the door too! This will also be the real first time Emma will be staying overnight at someone's house before my Dallas trip. Some friends of ours from church are keeping her while we go out and are having her spend the night. I'm anxious to see how she'll do since she's never been put to bed by anyone other than myself, Rory, or my mom. She loves her uncle Roger and aunt Tonya so I know she'll be in good hands :)

Hope everyone has been enjoying the sunny, hot weather! 

God Bless!

Comments

Popular Posts