Last day

So today is my last day as mom of a 1 year old...I still can't believe that our little stinker is going to be TWO tomorrow!

Sometimes I feel like it was just yesterday that I was still pregnant and then some days it seems like she's always been in our lives. I seriously cannot remember what we used to do with our time before her. She makes things so much fun! Rory and I could probably watch her 24/7 and have full hearts overflowing with joy and laughter at everything she does. There's no doubt she's a little diva and has her daddy's temper, but the majority of times are filled with her silly looks or constant jabber.





She's learning new things every day and her vocabulary is growing! She's getting better at imitating phrases that Rory and I will say and has learned "yeah boy", "that's right" and "good job". It's hysterical most of the time because she'll say it so clearly and perfectly the first time and then every subsequent time, it gets worse and harder to understand. She'll get there though, and in no time at all. I'm almost sad that her jabber will go away because it's so cute! And she is most definitely going to be that kid who talks CONSTANTLY! She's always jabbering or singing everywhere she goes :) She's still very much my child though because she will clam up in a second around people she's not used to. She'll turn into this shy little girl who tries to hide her face. And she is NOT a waking up person. I can't even use the term "morning person" because it's every time she wakes up from either a nap or sleeping, she is the grumpiest little thing. She's good after a few minutes but don't even try to talk to her or make her smile. She just folds those little arms and gives the look of all looks. And if looks could kill...we would all be long dead. She has some of the meanest looks, but also some of the silliest looks. She's definitely a well-rounded kid.

We visited the McWane Center last weekend and to say she loved it would be an understatement! She had so much fun running around in the Itty Bitty Magic City and her favorite place was the distorted room that was inclined. She would run up and down over and over and was loving it!











I know that time stands still for no man, but I find myself missing the moments that have passed. Sometimes she'll do something that she hasn't done in a while and I'll sit there and reminisce about when she was smaller. I'll hold her and she'll squirm in my arms trying to get down and I'll remember holding her and rocking her to sleep every night. We still sing Jesus Loves Me and say a prayer every night before bed, and it makes my heart so happy to see her bow her head and put her hands together and say "Gah" when I ask her to say a prayer. I pray that she keeps the innocence and love for God and I pray that I can keep showing her the immense importance that God is in our lives.


To help with that, I've totally become my mother...I bought a Betty Lukens felt bible board with 600 characters and you would have thought it was Christmas all over again! I am so excited about it, but less excited since I have to hand cut out all 600 pieces. But I know how much I loved seeing my mom teach us on our felt board and I know that Emma will love it too! I can't wait until I get more figures cut out to start using it!

Not much else going on in our house, but let's be honest...Emma's really the only thing that matters in our house! ; ) Rory's got about six more classes to go in his degree, which translates into about 3 more semesters. I'm just trying to keep him focused on the finish line and not giving up! I know it can't be easy to have a full time job AND a family to keep up with on top of school, but I'm so proud of how much he's accomplished thus far and I hope he knows how much Emma and I love him and how proud we are!

I hope everyone has a great rest of the week and enjoys the nice spring weather we're getting (minus the pollen)!

God Bless!

Comments

Popular Posts