27 weeks

We're in the "home stretch"! The beginning of the third trimester...Let the true misery begin! ;)

In all seriousness, this time around has gone by SO much faster! I can't believe we're a mere 3 months away from meeting Ms. Penny Rae. I've been a lot more impatient this time around as well. I really think it's because I know what the end result will be, Lord willing, and I can't wait to get my hands on my baby! Granted, I'm not so much looking forward to the sleepless nights and general exhaustion but I look back at all the amazing things we experienced with Emma and I can't wait to experience all of that with Penny!

With the weather FINALLY cooling off, my hormones are finally starting to "normalize" and I'm running hot more. It has been nice to be able to walk outside and cool off when I get too hot. But I can't count on the southern weather to cooperate all the time. We're looking at highs nearing 70 for Thanksgiving...at least we're finally out of the 80s :/

I can already tell a difference in Penny at this point; she's either bigger than Emma was at this stage (which is completely possible) or she's cooperating and already head down. Either way, she's found my ribs and is already a pro at finding just the right spot to kick to where it takes my breath away. Sometimes, I feel like she's curled herself up right under my ribs and then proceeds to try and push her way out through them! It's usually at about 4 am too. Great.

It's getting harder and harder to bend over as well and a lot of things that take minimal effort make me run out of breath! I'm starting to remember these moments from my first pregnancy and I'm not looking forward to the continuation. I also remember feeling like I could explode at any moment towards the end, but that's been my feeling this time around from about the middle of my second trimester. It's hard to imagine that I'm going to get much bigger!

The Braxton Hicks contractions are hit or miss these days. I'm trying to do better on staying hydrated and I can tell a big difference when I can get close to the recommended daily water intake. Those days are usually free of contractions, or at least down to one or two. The days when I get "busy" and really do loose track of drinking water like I should, the contractions are pretty frequent and can even become painful.

I'll probably regret saying this, but this time around, I have only had one experience of leg cramps, thank goodness! It was pretty bad, but I remember those being pretty frequent with Emma as I got into the last trimester and they were PAINFUL! Let's hope I can miss those...

Open enrollment at work is now done and I'm looking forward to at least one day off with the family! It's been a pretty crazy and stressful two weeks at work on top of being pregnant. Thank goodness the hormones this time have been tame compared to my first pregnancy! I haven't been that crazy pregnant lady and I think it's by the grace of God! He knew I needed a lot more help with my patience this time around and with this job. Thank you!

We were able to celebrate our Guthrie thanksgiving this past weekend in Tennessee with delicious food and family time. Emma had a blast spending time with her cousin and thoroughly enjoyed the crescent rolls, green beans and mac and cheese she stuffed her face with an hour before everyone else ate lol! I couldn't help but think about how next year will be with a three year old and nine month old!




This week will be round 2 with my parents and more delicious food! We'll see if Emma expands her palate beyond green beans, mac and cheese and rolls, although I'm glad she at least got in SOME green veggies :)

Not much else to report on. I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving and finds many things to be thankful for! God has blessed beyond what I thought possible!

13 weeks to go!

God bless!

Comments

Popular Posts