Half a Year

It has officially been half a year since the Guthrie family went from three members to four members! It doesn't seem like it's been near that long, but, as I've realized this time around, time goes so much faster when you're chasing two! I know it'll only get faster, so I'm trying to take it all in when I can.


Penny has doubled the size that Emma was at this point, which means that she's actually wearing 6 month clothing at 6 months 😂 She's our little chunky monkey, but I wouldn't have it any other way! She's up to 16 pounds, 11 ounces and 25 3/4 inches long (per her six month checkup yesterday). She's discovered how much she can move on her own and she'll straight jump out of your arms if you're not careful! She's currently working on trying to figure out how to crawl, and this mama is not ready for that. She can get up on all fours and has started trying to rock back and forth a little to get momentum to leap at something, but hasn't figured out how to use her arms and legs together yet.


She loves to laugh!



 

Always grabbing her feet!

She's also still working on sleeping better. Sunday night was the first time in several days that she's woken up in the middle of the night, but I attribute it to the fact that I've taken the pillow out of her crib because she just rolls on top of it now. She's free to move around her crib, and believe me, she utilizes every square inch of that crib! That also means that her paci isn't safe from any of the cracks between the bars and her mattress. Just try and find a clear paci at 2 am with a screaming baby...😒 We're hoping that she goes back to averaging 10 hours with no wake-ups, but I'm not holding my breath. We're in the midst of teething so our sleep may be on hold until further notice.

One thing that we've been able to enjoy this time around that we didn't when Emma was this age is the interaction between Penny and Emma. They absolutely adore one another! Penny will give Emma the biggest grin out of all of us! She loves her big sister so much! Emma loves Penny just as much and is still asking to hold her even though I'm pretty sure Penny could hold Emma! I hope they keep this love for each other, although I know as they grow up, they'll likely hate each other for a time. I'm crossing my fingers!


Emma is starting to get more of a sassy attitude, and I can't help but laugh at how much like me she is! I guess I'm paying for my raising for sure. She likes to pout when she gets in trouble and will walk away and mumble under her breath as she walks away. It's only been recently that she's become brave enough to start mumbling louder and while she's getting in trouble, which only makes it worse. It terrifies me to think what she's going to be like as a teenager! Lord help me with two girls, please! She's definitely got a mouth on her and we'll be working on correcting that, but I hope for her sake she picks up on it really soon, because it really does hurt me more than it hurts her to have to spank her! I never believed my parents...I sure do now! Rory can still elicit real tears just by his tone of voice...lucky. We'll see how much longer that lasts.

Even though she's really coming into her three-nage year, we still have more fun than a barrel full of monkeys with that stinker! She picks up on things so quickly and will repeat EVERYTHING she hears, which translates into a ton of laughs! She is all girl, all the time and loves anything and everything girly! She stayed with some friends on Sunday afternoon after morning services and was so excited to have her nails painted, her hair curled, her princess dress on AND jewelry! I'm telling you, the girl takes girly to a whole new level. I'm going to have to brush up on my makeup trends just so I can know what to teach her when she hits middle school and wants to start wearing makeup. I'm sure she'll want to wear it long before then, but I'm going to hold her off as long as I can! The best thing my dad did for me was hold me back until my senior year of high school. I hated it in the moment, but because he did, they never had to spend a fortune on makeup for me and I got used to not wearing any. Now, my morning routine isn't near as long as it could be since I don't wear any makeup! I love to practice looks every now and then, but I don't have the time or desire right now. She may teach me a thing or two about girliness!


She LOVES to wear my shoes!

In other news, I'm still over the moon about Rory finishing school! I tried to throw him a surprise party on Friday night, but he figured it out before we got there so he wasn't surprised 😡 He did enjoy getting together with all our friends, and my brother and his wife were able to come, along with their foster baby! I was so glad they got to come and see everyone they haven't seen in a while. It's still taking a little getting used to seeing Rory at home every night, but I will gladly take it!


The cap and gown were on loan for the picture from a friend 😍

So with that, we wrap up the half year update. I hope everyone is staying cool and dry in this unbearably humid and wet summer! I'm hoping the rain sticks around though, cuz last year about this time, it stopped...for a long time. I'm going to pray we don't have another season like that!

God bless!

Comments

Popular Posts