6 more weeks of....spring?

So apparently we are in for 6 more weeks of winter...and if that means that we can expect the kind of weather we've been having the last 2 months, then that's 6 more weeks of 60 degree temps and lots of rain. Hm....sounds suspiciously like spring to me.

And what would winter/spring in Alabama be without some poison ivy! On Saturday, we ventured out to help a couple in Trussville that sustained some damage to their property from the tornado a week ago. We helped clear out some debris and trees from their backyard. And where there is dense overgrowth in Alabama, your guaranteed to run into some poison ivy. If you know my brother Will, you know he can get the stuff just from looking at it! Me, I've never had it a day in my life....25 years and not a single outbreak....until now. I got ONE spot on my arm....and now, I have it all over my neck, my stomach and on my wrists : ( Needless to say, Calamine lotion is my new bff : )

Now that we're into February, things are starting to pick up and become busier. Not that its a bad thing, but I've kind of enjoyed the lull after all the holidays : ) Rory got a promotion at work and is now a personal banker! That's what he's been wanting to do for a while so we're excited that he's finally able to move up! I'm also gaining more responsibility at work. I'm pretty much doing what the project managers are doing, but without the title or pay. But everything will work out for the will of God : ) We've already been talking about putting our house up for sale in about a year and looking to move out west....like Colorado west. Wherever we decide to go, more than likely, we will start a family there. We'll just have to see what God has in store for us! I know it will be beyond what I'm imagining!

God bless!

Comments

Popular Posts