No Snow For You

I do believe winter in Alabama has finally ended....if you even want to call it winter. We had what I can only assume was the south's last ditch effort at winter weather on Monday. The temperature actually got below 40 (a brisk 20 on Monday morning) and we got a "wintery mix" of rain and sleet for the drive home from work Monday evening. By Wednesday, the sun was out and the temperature had rose to a lovely 65 degrees. The outlook for the next week and a half? Chance of rain most days and temps in the low to mid 60s....sounds like spring in full swing to me! Not that I'm complaining. I've been dying to break out the flip flops and now's my chance!

We're now 9 weeks from Will and Audra's wedding and the parties are about to start! Audra has her first wedding shower next Sunday with the ladies from our church. I keep telling her it'll be better than Christmas! Still, they have yet to find an apartment to furnish with all of their goodies...in time I guess. The guys FINALLY got suits, but now comes the task of deciding shirt color. I'm trying to keep my mouth shut on wedding details because I know how much I hated people telling me what they would do when it was my wedding....but I can't help but silently will Audra to pick white! As of now, we're leaning towards cream.....for gray suits, mind you. At least our bridesmaids dresses are uber cute!

Rory and I are also gearing up for our first vacation of the year to Washington, DC in 2 1/2 weeks! I am so beyond excited! I haven't been since I was 5 so it will all be new to me again. Rory went about 2 years ago but he only saw a handful of things so this time, we are planning to see as much as we possibly can in a week. The only thing I'm not looking forward to is the 13 hour drive there and back : / Rory is wanting to leave at 4 am on Saturday! Thank goodness I can sleep for a few hours before it'll be my turn to drive. I'm definitely looking forward to a week off work too!

God Bless!

Comments

Popular Posts