What is love?

So I thought I knew exactly what love was when I married my best friend almost three years ago. I had never felt the emotions or the selflessness that I had when I was around Rory and I had no idea that the feeling could intensify exponentially! I can honestly say that I love Rory more now than the day I married him. Its just effortless. I would do anything and everything for his happiness and I know that he would do the same for me. But is it possible that there is another kind of love? One that is just as strong for someone you have never met? You're dang right there is!




Seeing that little peanut on the screen was overwhelming but hearing this little heartbeat was the icing on the cake! It was so weird and surreal that this little heart that belonged to another human being was in my tummy! I can't even describe the feelings that went through me when I heard that heartbeat. It was almost a feeling of disbelief. It still doesn't feel real (although hugging the toilet on a weekly basis makes it feel a little bit more real) and I know that it won't be real to me until I'm holding little Sam or Emma in my arms next April. It seems like so far away! But I am trying to take it all in because I know that these next 7 months will be the last that Rory and I will have of a somewhat quiet and calm house (minus our terror of a dog, Lily) for the next 18+ years. I cannot wait to see what God has in store and I am so excited that He has chosen to bless us with this little soul! It's only fair that this child be raised to know the blessing they are and where blessings come from!

Needless to say, Rory and I are about to start our most exciting journey yet! Prayers are appreciated and we are excited and blessed beyond what we could've ever imagined! War Eagle and Go Vols!

God bless!

Comments

Popular Posts