What a year!

This year, I'm ringing in 2015 in the most awesome way...from the comfort and warmth of my own bed! It's been one heck of a year and I can't wait to see what God has in store for this next year for my little family...good or bad.

I look back at this past year and can't believe how far we've come and the changes that have happened. First off, a sneak peak of what post-apocolyptic Birmingham would look like during the 'Snow-pocalypse' in January where the entire city was shut down and abandoned cars littered the streets. That was a blast being 7 months pregnant! ;)

Next was the birth of our adorable daughter, Emma Kate!




It's been the most amazing adventure and I can't wait to see her continue to grow!










Then came the heartbreaking diagnosis of cancer for Rory's dad and the subsequent surgeries and treatments. It's going to be a long, hard road this year but I know with the strength we can draw from God and each other, we'll all be prepared for God's plan, whatever it might be. We're all praying it includes many, many more years with Ray!



Many more babies were also born this year to friends; Mollie Kate 3 days after Emma, Garrett Reid in July and Hudson Graham in November. Emma's going to have so many friends to play with when we make Florence trips, she won't know what to do with herself! We're so glad God blessed those families with great adventures of their own! :)

2014 also came with a couple of moves...one big one for my parents to Columbus, GA. I know they've been itching to move somewhere, seeing as how they've lived longer in Morris than they've lived anywhere else since they've been married. It's been a great 17 years in Morris, but I know they'll enjoy Columbus, and most of all, spreading the gospel down there. With them moving out, we jumped on the opportunity to "house sit" for them for the next however long. It's been a whirlwind getting everything moved. Since they only lived 15 minutes away, we didn't really 'pack'; we more just loaded up everything in cars and trucks and hauled it to the 'new' house. Now, let me make a plug for Valspar Signature paint at this time. Lowe's sells Valspar Signature primer+paint for about $32/gallon and we got 2 gallons....you would probably think it would cover maybe a small room with a little left over...oh no. We completed Emma's room AND the master bedroom in less than two gallons! And it only took one coat per room because of the primer in the paint! And just to blow your mind even more, two of the walls in Emma's room were dark hunter green and it took only one coat to cover the walls and the color doesn't look any different than the other two walls that were light gray to begin with! Thank you Valspar!

It was very nice to sleep in our own bed last night but super weird to be sleeping in my parent's old room. I almost felt like my parents would walk in at any minute and scold me for being in their room. LOL It's SO nice to have a lot more room now and I am taking full advantage of having a laundry room inside as well as a dishwasher!

So if anyone knows a newly married couple, an older couple, or just someone looking for a small house (2 bedroom, 1 bath), we will be putting our house on the market in the next couple of the months. I'm hoping we can do enough "lipstick" fixes to get it out there soon.

I know this year will bring more excitement, adventure and challenges. I'm looking forward to all that God has planned! Hope everyone had a great New Years and a blessed start to 2015!

God bless!

Comments

Popular Posts