Just another day...

I'll admit that I'm a fairytale kind of gal...I use to dream about receiving bouquets upon bouquets of roses with notes of over-the-top sappiness. I use to dream about going on the perfect "bachelor/bachelorette" type dates that are spectacular and romantic and completely ridiculous. Thanks Disney and Hollywood...

My first Valentine's Day with Rory was six years ago. We made each other cards from scratch and I'm proud to say, I still have that card :) I can't remember if we went out to eat or if we got each other presents. Does it really matter? Six years and a baby later, Valentine's Day is just another day. That's not to say that we don't splurge a little more than we normally would on dinner, but no cards or gifts are exchanged. Rory and I came to the conclusion several years ago that we show one another so much love every day...what's special about Valentine's Day? True, there's great deals on chocolates, cards, and flowers once a year, but flowers wilt, cards are thrown away, and chocolates are eaten. Your love should last 24/7, 365.

This year, i learned that Valentine's Day with a child changes a good bit, but is just as enjoyable. Rory and I could have gotten a babysitter and gone out to eat but we decided to stay in with fast food and watch some tv shows together...as a family of three :) it was the best Valentine's I've had so far! I look forward to many more but I mostly just look forward to showing my love for Rory every day! He's an amazing Christian husband and father and I'm blessed beyond my wildest dreams to share this journey with him!

I hope everyone had a great Valentine's Day but, most importantly, has great love everyday!

Comments

Popular Posts