What a year!

I can't believe this time last year I was spending my first day as a mom! It seems like everything since then has been a blur...














She is changing so much everyday! She's working on standing by herself and even walking! I figured she would skip crawling altogether...she ain't got time for that ;)

She's now off formula and on to whole milk...which she loves! She still doesn't want to drink anything cold so we are still utilizing the bottle warmer. We're also still using bottles since she has no interest in sippy cups. We'll be working on those though. I'm also starting to think about when to start taking the paci away. She pretty much only uses it for nap times and sleeping and she usually spits it out when she sleeps. It may be easier than I anticipate but I'm preparing myself for the worst. 

Her birthday party last weekend turned out great! It would have been perfect if it wasn't 50 degrees outside, but that's a risk you run at the end of March. Now we're enjoying temps closing in on 80! Typical alabama spring...she thoroughly enjoyed her cake and then crashed for the afternoon lol. I was surprised she made it through the cake considering she didn't have a nap! Everything was great and I know E had a good time and lord willing, there'll be many more birthdays!









Now we move into the toddler stage so every day will be a surprise.

She had her one year checkup today, complete with four shots :( it always hurts my heart when she gets shots because it's not a cry I hear very often. But of course, she was good 2 minutes later. She had only gained a little under a pound in the last 3 months but the doctor wasn't concerned and said she was still on target with her curve. He even said she was ahead of the curve when it came to development milestones and estimates it won't be long at all before she's walking on her own! I'm still not sure I'm ready for her to be that independent :(

For now, we're enjoying watching our baby become a little girl. Hope everyone has a great beginning of spring!

God bless!

Comments

Popular Posts