36 weeks

Time is moving at a weird pace now-a-days. Some days seem to fly by while others move at a snail's pace. I know that I'll look back a month from now and complain about how fast time is moving. Until that time though, we maintain the status quo.

This past week started out great when a friend of mine graciously came over on my day off to help me clean...and when I say clean, I mean literally scrubbing my floors! I felt like such a lazy bum but I knew she would tie me to the couch if I tried to get up and help! She did such a great job and it was truly needed! Now if I can just keep myself from trying to deep clean the rest of the house :/


The rest of last week was crazy busy at work with continuing to get things ready for when I'm out. It doesn't help that this is also the busiest time of year for benefits as everyone's insurance has kicked in for the year and there are always those inevitable few people who decide too little, too late that they either want to pick up insurance or drop it. I'm hoping that we can get everything ironed out to the point that my replacement isn't too overwhelmed while I'm out. Hopefully this week will slow down so I can keep myself from going into early labor from stress!

I won't even bore you with the continued complaints of how miserable I am (because it's much the same as it has been) but I will say that, after this weekend, I highly doubt we'll make it another three weeks. Maybe I should phrase it, "I really don't want to make it another three weeks". The Braxton Hick's contractions have started to increase in frequency and painfulness, so I can only imagine that's a sign that Miss P is getting good and ready to join the three amigos and make us the four musketeers! I've also already had one occurrence of steady contractions that were consistent for about an hour, but then subsided. Thankfully so! I was not quite ready to spend another night in the hospital! We are getting very close to when I had to spend a night in L&D with Miss E because she was giving us fits. I was sort of hoping that our stay about five weeks ago was going to be our only scare for Miss P...only time will tell.

I'm starting my weekly doctor's visits now and my last visit on Thursday went very well. I saw another doctor and he was very pleased with Penny's heart rate and size and even commented that he didn't think I would make it to 39 weeks either :/ He strongly suggested that we have everything ready for her arrival anytime after next week! I'll be seeing my doctor again this Thursday and, at this point, I'm just hoping I make it to Thursday!

The nursery is still a work in progress, but it's so much closer to where I want it to be! We have the crib together and bedding on it; no bumpers yet but those can wait a little bit. The dresser is up and packed with all of her little clothes and we even have our first stash of diapers in there! They should last us about 3 days lol! I had forgotten how little newborns are! I took a diaper out and showed it to Rory and I was in utter shock at how little it was! I know Emma was tiny too but I guess I've gotten used to Emma's size now and newborn sizes are now teeny compared to her! Everyone has said that when Penny gets here, she'll make Emma look huge! I don't think that's possible but, I guess we'll see :) The decorations aren't up yet, but that could be due in major part because we don't have them yet. I have ideas of how I want it to look but I haven't bought any of the decor just yet. I've got a couple of pieces that I'll need to make, but at this point, I don't see that happening before Penny gets here, so it will just have to be projects I get done later on.

Emma's still just being Emma. She's starting to go back to being pretty self-sufficient so I'm optimistic that she'll stay that way...I can at least dream that she will. Her speech continues to grow leaps and bounds every day! She's going to be a singer, too. She loves singing along with Elsa to Let It Go, with Ariel to Part of Your World, and even with Pocahontas to Colors of the Wind (even though she's only heard that once, maybe twice). She's started to make up her own songs at home to sing to her barbies and other dolls. She's definitely my kid! We've also worn out Frozen and The Little Mermaid movies in the car and I'm pretty sure I could quote both movies entirely from start to finish! I'm glad she loves these movies though!

Not much else going on at casa de Guthrie, but what more do you need with a nine month preggo lady and a toddler?! Life is definitely not boring and it's only going to get crazier in the next month! For now, we're all trying to hoard up downtime and sleep (easier said than done) and prepare for whenever Penny decides to join us. I'm getting more and more impatient with every passing day because I really want to meet her already! I know my misery in being pregnant is only temporary so I'm trying to soak up the good parts right now: feeling her little kicks and jabs, that are quickly becoming less little and more deliberate. The real challenge right now is trying to find things to wear that will fit over my bowling ball of a belly! The next 3 weeks will be interesting...

3 weeks left!

God bless!

Comments

Popular Posts