Back to the grind....

This wkend was pretty fun-filled...and now its back to work with the next holiday in sight...Labor Day! ; )

The weekend started off pretty awesome when Rory and I decided to have a 'date night' and go see Transformers 3 (which was a pretty good movie!) and dine out at McD's!

Saturday, Rory had to work (for the second week in a row) so I vegged out and did some laundry until he came home. It seems to me that the laundry just continues to grow no matter how many loads I do! There's always a full basket and it always contains just what I want to wear the next day...
We ate a late lunch with some friends at Jim 'n Nicks and then I went to help out at a friend's new house. We painted her cabinets AND her countertop! We found this awesome laminate paint that you can get in about 16 different colors and it covers your ugly laminate counter! This will be a project for me in my house in the very near future ; )

Sunday was of course God's day : ) We had another great service and I actually got a Sunday afternoon nap! After evening services, we hung out at the Gamble's house and sang karaoke, made a fire pit, and had Reese's s'mores : )

Monday was sleeping in, finally! Rory cut the grass before it came a monsoon and I did more laundry (I'm telling you...its never ending!) and then we headed to Uncle Bill's house for some 4th of July family fun! ; ) Greg and Erica and Brooklyn came over from Georgia as well as Yonik and Sally (Greg's sister and her husband). They're expecting in November : ) We also found out that some of my other cousins in Colorado are expecting in February! Its like baby fever in this family! I'm taking my 'vitamins' so maybe I won't catch it ; )

So now its back to work for four days...you'd think that would be a good thing. The quote's guy is on vacation for two weeks so I'm now the go-to girl for quotes...yay me. I have a feeling its going to be a long short week. But I'm so blessed to have a job so I'm glad to be busy than not!

God bless!

Comments

Popular Posts