2012 is HOW many days away????

So it seems like this year has FLOWN by! I can't believe October will be over in less than 2 weeks : ( But thank goodness for it cause that means the weather is changing! This morning's temp....a brisk 47 when I took Lily out for her morning potty run! Today's high is only 57 too! I am getting so excited!!! I love this cooler weather! Not so much cold weather, just cooler weather : )

Along with this cooler weather comes the opportunity for camping! Rory and I are going camping this weekend with some friends from church and I can't wait! I haven't been camping in a LONG time. We've got our tent and sleeping bags ready to go! And we're actually camping in the woods this time haha! Last time I went camping, we did stay at a "camp ground" but they had the bathrooms across the street and a power box where you could plug in anything that needed electricity. That's not Rory's definition of camping, so in order for it to be "real" camping, we are going to the Sipsy wilderness and straight roughing it! The only water source will be a waterfall next to the campsite, and our bathroom is the endless woods that we will have to hike through to get to the campsite....needless to say, I will be bringing toilet paper. No leaves for this behind! My parents are meeting us Saturday morning to go hiking from our camp site so I'm pretty stoked. Even though it is a football weekend (and a pretty big one - Bama vs Tennessee), we have the blessing of DVR so Rory can relive the eminent beat down of Tennessee.

Other news in the lives of the Guthrie's.....we are quickly realizing that city people are not so nice. We had our lawnmower stolen out of our carport on Monday : ( I guess both of us are still stuck in the mindset of country living since both of our parents live in the boonies. We both grew up in areas that everyone left their doors unlocked and anything that was left out in the yard or driveway was still there when you came back. Not so when you live in the city. We probably should have known better since we have been broken into once. I'm not so concerned with the lawnmower (its just a thing and can be replaced) as I am with the fact that someone was that close to the house that was not suppose to be there. It just took me back to the feeling that I had after we got broken into....the feeling of no security : ( We will be looking into a security system in the next few weeks since the 'anniversary' (if you can call it that) of the break-in is getting pretty close. But whatever happens, happens and I trust God.

God bless!

Comments

Popular Posts