A Day to Vent....

So I've been a little stressed lately and I just need a day to vent....and today seems as good a day as any : )

I've seen so many things on Facebook about the new immigration laws that our state is trying to put into effect. The general consensus among my friends seems to be a lot of anger because the "new" laws are somehow unconstitutional. I have no problem with people from other nations coming to America to get a better life...if they do it legally. Its even in the bible people! Romans 13 talks about how we are to be subject to governing authorities...and if our government says that you have to be a citizen to work and earn privileges in this country, then you have to do it! I have seen a few people on Facebook talk about the immigration laws in other countries, namely China. If you are caught as an illegal immigrant over there, you're arrested and either thrown in jail or forced to go to work camps until they think you've been punished enough. If this country did that, we'd be publicized as barbaric! And we were back at the beginning of WW2 when the government set up work camps for people of Asian descent, whether they were US citizens or not. Now that clearly wasn't right. I just don't understand how people are getting so bent out of shape about the laws being "unconstitutional". I just want to say that these are not "new" laws....they've been around for a while. Its "new" because no one has enforced them until now. Do people really want people from other nations just hopping a boat or jumping a fence and coming over here and taking already rare job openings and working and getting insurance when they aren't even citizens? I understand that they work for cheaper and they are harder workers supposedly, but really? Is that the only reason we want them here? So we can exploit them? That's clearly not right either.

Just wanted to vent a little and get my opinion out there...which in no way means that whats going on is right or wrong, just my opinion on the situation.

God bless!

Comments

Popular Posts