29 weeks - Psalms 32:8

This has been an emotional roller coaster of a week! I feel like I've got whiplash just from being happy one minute to a nervous wreck the next to a complete basket case the next! My hormones have been pretty crazy through this pregnancy but the last week has been a whole other ballgame!

I think God is allowing these emotions and situations to come into my life to prepare me for being a parent. There was even stuff on the radio yesterday morning about parenting! Message received God : ) I know I'll always have His helping hand and He has just used these situations to remind me such. So clever ; )

Saturday was, as promised, cleaning day for the nursery. I feel like we did so much on Saturday morning but the room is still filled with junk...oh well. A work in progress. We were able to throw out a LOT of garbage and get rid of a good number of clothes. I was able to organize the closet a little better and get a few other things organized in other rooms. Rory was such an awesome help and cleaned the den for me while I was working on organizing : ) He's such an awesome husband....be jealous ladies! The rest of the Saturday was a bust though, as we got sucked into Minecraft....ok, you can stop laughing. Yes, I play Minecraft. The game is so addicting!

The week started out pretty chill....tried to work from home on Monday but my dang computer decided that it was taking MLK day off even if I wasn't. So "working from home" that day didn't work out so well. But it did free me up for several very nice naps and some laundry and dishes. I was also able to be home when the adjuster came to look at our roof so we can get a new one! *A small note here, don't get sucked into the door-to-door sales people. They will bug you until you give in and then nail you into a contract that you really didn't want to sign in the first place - Lesson Learned here!* So yes, we will be getting a new roof. It was badly needed as the one we currently have is probably close to 20 years old. Luckily, our insurance is covering it and we will soon have a new roof and one more very good selling point when we do decide to sell!

Tuesday started the real work week for me. Rory has been able to start working overtime lately so we're now riding to work together since he's going in at 7 and getting off at 5:15. I'm not complaining about the gas savings, but 5:30 does come awful early : / It's been nice though, getting to unwind after a long day together on the car ride home. It's given us a great opportunity to talk and just fall even more madly in love! Ok, you can now barf ; ) But seriously, this pregnancy has also made us grow closer because I am trying very hard to remind myself that Rory will continue to be #1, even when Emma gets here. He's my best friend and the love of my life. Don't get me wrong - I will love Emma with my whole heart but my heart will always belong firstly to God and then, her father. He's still really hard to read on how he feels about the whole thing, but I have no doubt in my mind that he will be an amazing dad and will fall madly in love with this little girl. He already loves our dog like she's his child! Lol! He's ganna be in so much trouble ; )

The rest of the week has been a blur and now, I'm just ready for the weekend! Everything is just zooming by! Showers are being planned, my next appointment is right around the corner, we've (actually, I've) chosen a pediatrician, we're signed up for a hospital tour and an infant CPR course for next month, and we're starting to dig into finding a daycare to send her to at the end of the summer. It's all a little overwhelming when I sit and list it out, but I know it will all work out in the end : )

One new/old symptom for this week....EXTREME EXHAUSTION! I feel like I am running off of about 2 hours of sleep all day long! I try to drink a lot of water and move around to keep myself awake but all I want to do is curl up in a ball under my desk and sleep until I can go home, eat, and sleep again. I don't think I remember being this exhausted at the beginning, but it has been several month since then, separated by the awesomeness of starting to actually look pregnant and getting a boost of energy.

The heartburn has subsided a bit, or maybe it's just that I'm starting to learn that I can't eat a big meal and then immediately lay down. I still pop tums like they're candy, but I'm glad to be getting past the heartburn! Replacing that is now a very loving but violent-moving baby! She's started to wait until I get ready to go to bed or am just waking up in the morning and starts her kickboxing class...it started out cute, but now I just want her to be still and let me sleep or go back to sleep. I am glad that it's at least silent at night and in the mornings because I know that will change very soon. Since she's breech, her kicks are aimed straight at my bladder...which means I am having to pee every 5 seconds! Her punches aren't so bad and it's actually pretty cute when she sticks her arm up and I can see this tiny extra bulge popping up. I'm not sure if I would rather endure the kicks to the bladder and end up having a C-sections cuz she's butt-down, or if I want her to turn and start practicing her kicks on my ribs and try and have a regular birth....oh the choices. I'll take whichever one God decides but I'm ready for it to be soon!

I'm also REALLY starting to feel those Braxton Hicks contractions now. I've been experiencing tightening some in my belly up to this point but now it's the whole shebang! Lower back pain, cramp-like pains, etc. I've been monitoring them because I, of course, freak out and immediately have to google what's going on...which just makes me more paranoid that I'm going into preterm labor, but the contractions never increase in frequency or intensity. I can tell you they aren't a bed of freakin' roses though!

Some days, I'm so ready to meet this little diva and then other days, I'm wanting Rory and myself to have all the time we can to enjoy just the two of us for a little while longer. I know that when she does get here, our lives will never be the same but we won't even be able to imagine not having her here. Again with the emotional roller coaster! There's so much we still have left to do but I know that everything will come together in the end and she will have more than enough, especially on the love side of things.

So, as we head into the last week of January (insane, btw) and more bitter cold (seriously, Alaska is warmer that Alabama right now!), we are eagerly awaiting MUCH warmer weather and with that, little Emma Kathryn. Just wait, you think I'm annoying now with all my baby talk....wait for the pictures to start when she's born! ; ) Hope everyone has enjoyed their first month of 2014!

11 weeks to go!

God Bless!

Comments

Popular Posts