"Terrible 2" months?

According to what I've been hearing (and reading), fussiness peaks from 6-8 weeks...no duh! Miss E is 7 weeks old today (crazy, I know!) and the fussiness and sleep fighting is at an all time high and has left Rory and I at our wits end! I have, however, learned that if I can head off the over tiredness, she'll only fight it for a few minutes and then give it up and sleep pretty well :) It's been a hard and tiring road to find that out but maybe it'll be a little easier now that I know how to combat it :)

We've also learned that with every terrible phase comes a good one. I'm convinced God made it that way so that parents wouldn't go completely insane lol. Emma has started smiling a LOT more! It's so freakin adorable! She grins so big like she wants to giggle but can't quite. I can't wait for her to start becoming more vocal! She is starting to coo and grunt more and she is spending more time sleeping soundly (when she finally goes to sleep). My baby girl is growing so fast! It's crazy to think that she'll be two months old soon! I'm loving almost every minute of it ;)

Our trip to Tennessee this past weekend was a success in such a great way. We had the first benefit for Ray on Saturday night and the response from the community was amazing! There were easily over 300 people that came out to support our family! The band that played for the benefit was amazing also. A huge thank you to RedHead Express! You guys are awesome! Now to get Ray through his radiation treatments :) He starts those this week and we're praying that they will be successful in keeping the brain tumor from coming back and killing all the cancer in his brain. God's will will be done regardless and we pray that His plan is for Ray to stay here for a long time :)

I'm trying not to think about having to go back to work but it hasn't worked very well. The past 7 weeks have been the most stressful but rewarding and amazing time I've ever had :) I would love nothing more than to do this work 24/7 and Lord willing, maybe one day I'll be able to :) I think I'm the most nervous about the state of things at work. When I left, things were headed downhill fast with the closing of an entire office in California and the movement of all that work to the Birmingham office. Through horrible timing, the only people who knew how to do the job of account management (myself and another girl) we're leaving due to maternity leave and another job opportunity. Talk about bad luck :/ so naturally, the people in charge decided to wing it and hope that everything turned out ok...this is what I'm headed back into :/ I have a sneaking suspicion that my first few weeks will be nothing but running around and answering peoples questions about how to do things even though things have changed drastically in 8 weeks! Pray for me people....

Hope everyone has a great week and an even better holiday weekend! Look forward to that 4 day week next week! ;)

God bless!

Comments

Popular Posts