The Big 3-0

This week Emma is 30 weeks and will be 7 months old!!! And what a week we had to prepare for this one...

If I look back on it, to say last Monday was the reason this whole past week has been "rough" just wouldn't quite do it justice. Whether it really was food poisoning or, like I suspect, someone came bearing gifts of a lovely stomach bug, it doesn't really matter at this point. Tuesday night/Wednesday morning greeted the Couchman/Guthrie clan with frequent trips to the bathroom and, for two of us, trips to the ER. Dealing with a stomach bug with no children is enough of a hassle. When you add a child, all of a sudden, it's not about what you need to do for you, it's about who's going to watch the kid and take care of them. Graciously, my mom came and took over Emma's morning routine while Rory took me to the ER to get some much needed fluids. Ironically, she later went home with the same stomach issues that I was having. After 4 hours and 2 liters of fluids accompanied by two rounds of blood tests, I was released with a diagnosis of gastroenteritis. I was given strict instructions to stay away from people and drink clear liquids only for a few days. Thankfully, my recovery was fast and I was able to resume some mommy duties Thursday.

Even though I felt like my insides had been left in the toilet either at my house or the hospital, it was nice to get to recoup at home for a couple days and not worry about work. I was eager to get back to real life on Friday though. We were watching Emma like a hawk to make sure she wasn't going to come down with whatever caused my stomach issues and she was just peachy all week. We were optomistic that maybe Rory and Emma would dodge this bullet.

Friday was the first blow of disappointment for me and Rory. Rory was having symptoms all day of stomach issues even though he never actually got sick. I felt really bad for him because he was so looking forward to going up to Tennessee Saturday and going to the Tennessee/Alabama game with his dad. Saturday just brought more issues for him but he didn't let it ruin his day. He and his dad still went to the game and even got sideline passes! 

Saturday also dealt the last blow of disappointment in that Emma finally got sick. She didn't even act like she felt back but she spit up a lot more frequently and more in volume and she had some seriously horrendous diapers. I felt so bad for her :( Again, it didn't seem to even phase her but I watched her very closely to make sure we were keeping her hydrated. She seemed to be much better Sunday, thank goodness! 

Rory, on the other hand, may have overdone it with the game Saturday. He spent the day laid up on his parent's couch Sunday and is taking a day today from work to recoup at home. Hopefully we will all be 100% for the Halloween festivities this weekend!

I am almost done with Emma's super adorable Dobby costume. Then, it will likely be a mad rush for me and Rory to try and find wizard costumes to match with the Harry Potter theme we've got going. Regardless, I know Emma will love her first Halloween! :) I promise there will be a plethora of pictures to document this event.

Hope everyone enjoys this last week of October and has a happy Halloween!

God bless!

Comments

Popular Posts