9 months

Time has literally fast forwarded these past couple weeks...where did Christmas go?!

Now we're staring straight into a new year and my baby being 9 months old! It's crazy how much has happened in the last month with our stinker. She now has four teeth, can say dada and mama (mostly, it comes out nana, but if she concentrates real hard, it turns into mama), is starting to pull up on me, and can scoot backwards. Not a lot of progress on the crawling but I attribute that to the fact that we carry her just about anywhere she wants and she always has her toys within reach so there's no real need to crawl...yet. She's starting to eat a few more table foods. Today, she enjoyed a nice "lunch" of mashed potatoes, a few bites of carrots, some stuffing, a few pinches of my roll, and her favorite, banana pudding! She's ganna be a bottomless pit when she gets older!

This weekend also yielded a good but of change. We helped get mom and dad packed up for their move to Georgia. This will be the first time (since college) that I've lived more than 20 min away from them. I don't really count college because I was home every other weekend and I was still "under their roof", so to speak. They'll likely be back up every couple weeks so we won't have time to miss them too much ;)

With them moving out, we spent our last night in our first home Saturday night. Rory was so adamant about moving in on Sunday, so that's what we did. It kind of all happened very fast so I didn't really have time to sit and reminisce about our last four years in that tiny house...our first house as a married couple, my first experience with a break-in, our first dog, and our first child. Some very good memories were made there and I'll always have those. It will be very nice to have a LOT more space though! We'll be spending a good part of the next couple of days painting and moving the rest of our things so it will be quite crazy around casa de Guthrie.

No real plans this year for New Years. I may even end up passing out before midnight! I know Emma will be sound asleep by that time! Hope everyone has a great New Years!

God bless!

Comments

Popular Posts