...But a vapor...

There would be no better way to begin this week's post than with James 4:14;

"yet you do not know what tomorrow will bring. What is your life? For you are a mist that appears for a little time and then vanishes."

It's easy to forget how fragile life is during this time of year when there's so much going on with the holidays. The devil always knows exactly when to strike too.

Another tragedy hit this past week. My cousin's sweet four month old son passed away in the night Friday night. I can't even begin to imagine...all the feelings I felt when my friend's little boy passed away a couple months ago came rushing back and my heart broke even more with it being my family. I walked around in almost a haze all day Saturday. My heart is so heavy for my cousin and her family and for my aunt and uncle. It's times like this I wish there was a giant band-aid that could cover all the heartache and pain and make everyone feel all better instantly but sadly, there's no such thing. Only time will be able to mend this.

"..a time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;" Ecclesiastes 3:4

Another heavy blow was dealt us this past week when we got the news that Rory's dad was having to be taken to the hospital for what they originally thought was pneumonia. Turns out, it could be another mass that will need to be removed. We are all waiting to hear what the prognosis will be and what treatments will be required, but it will most likely be another surgery, and one far more risky than the first two. Rory will be heading up to be there for the surgery this week. I would love nothing more than for Emma and me to go with him but I have no more days to take (thanks stomach bug...) so Emma and I will be sending our love and prayers up from home.

This will be a tough week for my family (immediate and extended) and we appreciate all the thoughts and prayers given for the Wiggins/Couchman family and for Ray. I hope everyone has a blessed week. Thank God for your family often and love them unconditionally.

God bless

Comments

Popular Posts