Time waits for no man

It seems like things have snuck up on Rory and I this year...could it be the 37 week old we have or the fact that we just have so many things going on? Or maybe a little of both? ;)

First off, I can't believe christmas is in 6 days! We've only bought a few presents so far so I guess we need to get it in gear real soon! Thankfully, most of our "presents" will be in paper form so that takes some pressure off ;) Emma will be the highlight of this Christmas (and many, many more I'm sure) so it really doesn't matter what everyone else gets ;) We'll be headed up to tennessee this weekend for our Guthrie Christmas. With everything that's been going on with Ray's cancer, it will be a nice change to just spend some family time together. It's always an enjoyable time anyways :)

Secondly, Emma has shocked us all by cutting four teeth in three weeks! I was certain she wouldn't get one until she was much closer to 1 but she's surprised us all! It really hasn't been all that bad either. She gets a little fussy the day before and then, BAM, there's a tooth :) it doesn't look like there are anymore about to pop through but at this point, nothing would surprise me. Emma has also been working on sitting up by herself! She does so good when she's on the couch or in front of someone, but tends to freak out if she's sitting on the floor and realizes that she's sitting without help. It's actually pretty hilarious. She just freezes and starts almost hyperventilating. I'm not a horribly mother, I promise. I don't let her freak out for long, but it is hysterical to watch!

We're working on introducing more baby food too. At this point, she likes squash, carrots, green beans, sweet potatoes, pears, apple sauce (regular and strawberry), baby yogurt and blends of several veggies and fruits. She can eat puffs but Rory's been a stickler about those because she tries to eat them like her baby food and just swallow them and ends up choking. Granted, the puffs dissolve in like .5 seconds so she doesn't choke for long, but if it's right after she's had a bottle or food, everything will come right back up :/ It's a work in progress, I guess.



Thirdly, our little Guthrie fam is a couple weeks away from our first move! My parents have rented a house in GA and will be moving down the weekend after Christmas. Naturally, Rory wants to be completely moved in by that Monday. Regardless, we'll be moved in by the new year :) I'm most excited about a lot more room and a dishwasher!!! I have not had a dishwasher in 4 years! I'm going to be so spoiled ;)

So with all the happenings the next couple weeks with holidays and moving, I will likely be late again posting weekly updates. I know you all will miss them horribly ;) lol

Hope everyone has a merry Christmas and a happy new year!

God bless! 

Comments

Popular Posts