Double Digits!

We've made it to the 10 week mark! I'm still in disbelief at how fast this is going! I know that it will only speed up (as I already have a three year old...and when did that happen?!) but I'm trying my best to soak in every moment with both my girls. Life does not slow down!



Penny has had a great week so far and is really starting to get her own little personality! She's still a pretty chill kid most of the time, but we've discovered that she's a tad spoiled. She does NOT like for you to sit down and would prefer that you walk around holder her up so she can survey everything. She's always looking around at everything! She's definitely going to be my curious child...which I haven't decided if that will be a good or bad thing :/

She's working her way back up to 7-8 hours straight at night, which I greatly appreciate! She had reverted back to 6, which still isn't bad, but when you've gotten used to 6 or 7 solid hours of sleep yourself and then you have to go back to 5, it's rough on a mama. Plus, I ran out of my coffee last week so it was extra rough! I got more just in the nick of time yesterday! Thank you Amazon auto shipments!

She's also still eating good, although I've noticed this past week that in the evenings, she prefers to snack as opposed to eating a full 4 ounce bottle. She'll down about 2 ounces and then refuse to eat anymore until right before bed. Then it's a good 3 1/2 to 4 ounces and straight to bed! I don't mind this routine at all, but we'll have to make sure it doesn't become a habit when she starts eating solids in a few months that she doesn't expect to eat until 8 or 9 at night because she only wanted a snack at 6! I've thought about starting to try family dinners where we actually sit down as a family at the table and at least 3 of us eat real food and Penny eats as much of her bottle as she wants, that way Emma will get used to a sit down meal instead of just snacking on a hot dog or poptart at the couch while watching her iPad and Penny will only ever know family dinner routines...21st century problems for sure!

Emma's been a full on three-nager this past week! The divaness is rearing its head, but thankfully, it's not out of control just yet. She's been more whiny and pouty in the evenings and if you're making her do something she really doesn't want to, she'll just repeat "no" under her breath for a couple of minutes until she forgets why she's saying it haha! I've started to work with her on manners lately too. I'll make her say "yes ma'am" and "yes sir" instead of "yeah" and "no ma'am" and "no sir" instead of just "no". Now I know just how annoying it was for my mom on her side of making us be polite because I feel like I'm ALWAYS saying it to Emma! I know eventually she'll get it and I just have to be consistent, but it gets old having to follow up every "yeah" and "no" with "yes ma'am?" and "no ma'am?".

We're inching ever closer to nighttime potty training as well! Emma's starting to wake up more and more with dry diapers in the mornings, but I'm still not pushing it because she can't reach the toilet from being so short so she can't go potty at night if she needs to get out of bed. I didn't think she would be able to get in and out of bed too well either from being short, but she's debunk that theory the last several nights of getting out of bed to get her toys! Last night was a first for us - she got out of her bed and stood at the top of the stairs just talking away about nothing in particular. We had to pause our show because we thought it was Penny that we heard, only to be surprised when we heard Emma loud and clear! I rounded the bottom of the stairs to come up and she immediately sprinted back into her room and tried to jump in bed before I came in her room. Little stinker thought she could outsmart her mama ;) Needless to say, it was a swift spanking, a short talk about how we don't get out of bed after bedtime, and then she was back to sleep a little pouty and whiny from the spanking. This, of course, meant that she didn't want to get up this morning because she was so tired from getting in and out of bed and playing last night when she should have been sleeping...oh children.

Rory is gearing up for finals next week and then we'll be down to ONE MORE CLASS!!! He's so close and I'm so proud of him for sticking with it! We're hoping that his work has a light at the end of the tunnel as well since his company STILL hasn't hired anyone to help him out. He's busting his rear to keep up and keep customers happy, but there's only so much one man can do :/ I'm hoping they wise up and hire someone before Rory just decides to find employment elsewhere. I know he really enjoys the company he works for and the work he does, but I know that he will excel just about anywhere he goes.

As for me, I feel like I've been back at work for months...or really, more like I never left at all. I've only been back a full two weeks and it's crazy that time seems to fly outside work, but drags by when it comes to work! I don't mind the 8 hours of "silence" (as in, no crying baby or chattering toddler) but I do miss spending all day with just my babies and actually getting chores done (I know, I'm weird like that). Some days, I feel like I could totally rock the SAHM thing, while other days, I feel like I would go insane not having a job outside the home. For now, I'm just going to do the absolute best I can at whatever I'm doing, for the glory of God, and whatever He decides is in my future, I'll take it as it comes.

We're down to just over six weeks before my baby brother gets hitched! I'm getting so excited to have a blast in Rhode Island with the fam and to gain another sister! They've decided to spend a couple of days after the wedding hanging out with family - kudos to them, cuz I wouldn't have wanted to see anyone I knew right after my wedding ;) - before heading on their honeymoon to Spain! I'm super jealous for sure, but I know that Rory and I have been talking for years about how when the girls get old enough to stay with their grandparents for extended amounts of time, we'll become world travelers ourselves! We talked this weekend about how this trip will be the first test...flying with an infant and a toddler. I haven't decided yet whether I want to be THAT mom who makes everyone on the flight a little goody bag of earplugs and chocolate because they have to endure two infants who will no doubt have at least one meltdown during the 5 hour trip or if I just want to throw caution to the wind and meet every stare with an equally harsh stare of "Do you want to try and calm this kid?!" We'll see...hopefully the airline won't kick us off. We're not flying American Airlines or United so hopefully we're good ;)

Hope everyone is enjoying this unseasonably cool day, but not to worry! The "Alabama" spring will be back later this week! Stay cool!

God bless!

Comments

Popular Posts