Thankful for my country

As today is election day, I am very thankful that God allowed me to be born into such a great country where we have the ability to vote in a leader based on his qualifications. I plan on voting for the man that I feel will take a Godly stand for this country and seek out God in every decision made. No one person will be able to match the opinions of every person in this country because God made us and our situations all unique. I hope that the majority of people will seek out the help of God in choosing the right candidate but regardless, there is one King who will reign.

I try to keep in mind Romans 13. I may not agree with most of the decisions of our current president and I highly doubt I will agree with some of the decisions of the next president despite who that is, but because God has seen fit to allow someone to be a leader of this country, I respect my God, and therefore, respect the power that He has given our leader.

I am concerned with some of the choices that will affect my children and their children, but I have faith that God has the best in mind for his children. Besides, one day, this country won't be here anymore and neither will any other country. Why should we be so concerned with what will happen to this country in 100 years when we should be concerned with what will happen to our souls in 100 years...whenever we die or Jesus comes back : ) If we live for Jesus and make decisions based on the will of God, it won't matter what President we have. God is the foundation of this country and should be the foundation of our lives.

God bless!


Comments

Popular Posts