Extra, extra!

I figured I would give a mid-weekish update on our baby girl for those who are keeping up ; )

We have now been upgraded to "high-risk". But before you freak out and start worrying you're pretty little heads, it's not really high risk. They just like to keep an extra close eye on babies who aren't within the realm of "normal" - "normal" being 7-8 pounds at birth and everything measuring perfectly on schedule.

It should come to no surprise to ANY of you that Rory and my's child will not be 10 lbs at birth nor will she grow to be 6 feet tall....shocking, I know. That's pretty much the only reason that we've been upgraded. Seriously. You will be happy to know that her head is measuring right on schedule but her little torso and legs are about a week and a half behind. What does that mean? She'll be short, people. She'll just be fun-size, like her parents : )

She did ace her NST yesterday and we go back for another on Thursday. I will say that, even though she's little, she can sure move! The poor nurse that was trying to put the monitors on me yesterday was having the hardest time. She would find the heartbeat and we'd be good for about 2.5 seconds and then Emma would move. She did that at least 10 times before the doctor came in and the nurse joked about almost getting in trouble because she didn't have everything ready before the doctor came in. I just hope Emma doesn't continue the trend of being THAT kid when she comes out. The ultrasound went well too. She's very photogenic when it comes to her profile and any 3D pics but you can forget about getting any leg measurements! Bless her.

The doctor finally conceded on the c-section issue as well! Emma is still breech and I don't foresee her turning at this point because she's packed in there like a pretzel. The doctor is giving her two more weeks to see if she turns and then we'll be seriously discussing c-section....which I'm not at all disappointed about btw. I've been preparing myself for that the whole time. It will mean major surgery and a longer recovery time, but c-sections these days don't mean what they use to when my mom was having me and my brothers. She was laid up for two months, not able to carry anything or drive. Nowadays, they're getting you up to walk around hours after the surgery! I know I won't be able to lift heavy things or drive for a little bit, but I haven't been able to lift more than 10 lbs in 7 months so I've had good practice : ) Driving won't be the end of the world either as I'll have 12 weeks of maternity leave (which really means 6-8 weeks of house arrest) so I won't really need to go anywhere. It will also mean that my baby's head will be normal shape! I know this is a minor thing to worry about because all the baby's heads go back to normal but I'll be slapping a bow on that head as soon as she comes out and I don't want to be slapping a bow on a cone! It may sound insensitive, but that's just how I feel. I'm the same way about hoping she's cute. I know I'll love her no matter what, but you can't tell me that you wouldn't be mortified if you popped out an ugly baby! I can always put enough frills and bows on her to make her cute, but I'm just hoping that she'll be the most adorable thing ever!

We have our next appt with the MFM doctor on Thursday, as well as the next NST so there will be more updates in my weekly post on Friday. Continue to pray that she keeps growing like she should and that her mama can make it through the next 6 1/2 weeks! I know I can with God's help : ) I'm so ready!!!

God bless!

Comments

Popular Posts