36 weeks

So it's starting to get real...and not just in the sense of we have a little over 3 weeks until we meet our daughter : ) It's starting to get REAL uncomfortable!

This week has been exhausting in every sense of the word. I've been having to work overtime at work. I'm sure it will be really nice when I see my paycheck with that extra time and a half pay but right now, all I want to do is lay down and see the inside of my eyelids! It's been so hard to get up at 5 am every morning but one good side is that I'm so tired at night that I sleep straight through the night every time! No getting up at 2 or 3 to run to the bathroom : ) I never realized just how tiring a mere 2 extra hours at work could make someone though...especially when you're 8 months pregnant!

I've been trying to drink lots of water and keep my feet up for the 11 hours I'm at work and so far, so good. I've already been experiencing Braxton Hicks contractions since about 23 weeks so now, they're just increasing in their frequency and intensity....not the most awesome of feelings. Coupled with the back pain, I wonder sometimes if I shouldn't just go reserve a bed in L&D at Brookwood already lol! If I could wheel a bed in my cubicle at work, I'd be set!

Even though E doesn't have much room left, she still finds a way to torture her mama and punch and kick in all the right, or should I say wrong, places! Sometimes it seems like she's just trying to see how far she can push my belly out or how hard she can kick my bladder before I'll get up and walk around. And speaking of walking around, I never realized how hard walking could be! I feel like a grandma most of the time now! I find myself slouching a lot because I feel like it relieves some of the discomfort but then it just makes my back hurt that much more! I'm making a mental note now to exercise more for the next one and see if it helps : ) Lord willing, there'll be a next one, but we'll cross that bridge after this one gets out and we experience all the craziness and joy of a child!

Let me just interject here....I know that the last several weeks have been filled with a lot of complaining about hurting and wanting her to be here already. As uncomfortable as it really is (and it is, trust me) I could not be more excited or blessed that God has chosen Rory and I to take care of this little soul and I am beyond ready to be a mother and just hope that I can meet the expectations that God has set before me in His word! I know that once I see her little face, I will forget every single stretch mark and back pain and leg cramp because it will all have been worth it! I feel blessed to have been created to do this and to bring a soul into this world to bring her up to become a wonderful Christian woman! I know that Rory is equally as excited, even if he doesn't express it in the same way as I do : )

So now we wait.....I imagine the next 3 weeks will be the longest of my life because I have so much anticipation! I'm also a little bit nervous and scared. I've never had major surgery, other than wisdom teeth, and that was a breeze! All I had to do was lay back and fall asleep! I'm not worried about the epidural or the pre-op stuff...I'm more nervous about basically being gutted and then put back together like humpty dumpty! I know that God will be watching over everyone involved, especially Emma and myself. Maybe I'll ask that they say a prayer as soon as we get into the operating room ; ) Anyway to include God, right?!

I'll also be revising my countdown number since we'll actually be going in almost a week before her due date. I'm pretty excited about that, btw! I was so worried they were going to throw something in like "since she's so little, lets do it the week after your due date." I don't think I could stand being pregnant more than 40 weeks! It's hard enough at 36! For those who are moms, I'm sure you remember that this is about the time people started volunteering their opinion of "there's no way you're making it past this week!" to which I just smile and say "we're very excited" while secretly thinking "seriously? Why don't you just shove that foot further in that mouth!" It cracks me up just how awkward people are with their comments to pregnant women! It makes me wonder just how many times I've put my foot in my mouth : /

So here's to my last few weeks of being a non-mom and the last few weeks of being a family of two!

3 1/2 weeks to go!

God Bless!

Comments

Popular Posts