37 weeks

We are officially full term now!!! Just two more weeks of work and then a few days, if not before, and we meet our precious daughter!!! I'm getting pretty excited now (and more than ready to not be pregnant anymore).

We had a good reality check on Monday of this week. We didn't want to freak everyone out so only a few people knew that we made a trip to L&D. No worries though. I'm still pregnant. She's still breech. No dilation. Ugh....

Let me just say that real contractions teeter on the edge of almost as bad as Braxton Hicks but sort of not....it's hard to explain. Real contractions are what took us to L&D Monday night but it was less about the pain and more about the consistency. The fact that they were coming every 3-5 minutes made it all the more real. Then, the doctor telling us that if I dilated any, they would go ahead and schedule the c-section for Tuesday morning, that REALLY made it real. I went into panic mode thinking "We don't have anything ready. Her car seat isn't installed, we don't have her crib ready, her nursery isn't ready, we don't have bags packed for us..." and the list went on and on in my head. The contractions didn't do much so I wasn't dilated at all by the time they were ready to release us. They let us sign some papers and we got the boot. I don't think I've ever been so excited to see my bed and my pillow! I hadn't gotten a lot of sleep between trying to get comfortable (which is a real challenge in a hospital bed) and all the monitors beeping and her moving around like crazy. You would think she had all this room!

So Tuesday was a complete bust of a day but it was ok. I didn't mind sleeping till 1 and then catching up on The Good Wife the rest of the day : ) I went to my appointment on Wednesday for them to check everything out like normal, and of course, everything looked good. Still breech, still a head full of hair, and still likes to be difficult for the tech getting the blood flow scan. Little stinker.

With the events of Monday night/Tuesday morning, I'm more ready than ever to get this thing over with! I want her to be here already! I know they want her to bake as long as possible but I'm so done with being pregnant and I just want to meet my little girl so bad now. I completely foresee her being this stubborn wild child due to all the kicking, punching, moving and general restlessness going on in my ever-expanding belly. You would think she would have run out of room by now and would just stay put....oh no. Not when she's figured out that mommy's tummy can move with whatever position she wants to be in. But wouldn't you know that she is definitely NOT cooperating on being in a head-down position....It doesn't make it very comfortable at 2 am when she's kicking my bladder with epic force either. I know she'll come when she's good and ready and I'm trying to work on my patience....the Lord knows I need it now more than ever!

And the heartburn has returned with a vengeance! We know she already has a head full of hair so I'm thinking this may be round 2 of growing thicker or longer hair before she ever arrives! At least, I like to think that with the amount of pain I'm in. It finally peaked Monday night to the point of me getting sick....talk about SERIOUS discomfort. Between not having anything to eat for almost 12 hours and feeling like my chest was about to burn right out of my body, the sickness was just the icing on the cake. At that point, I was ready to give up and just have them cut her out of me so they could pump me full of the best pain meds they had....I did get some good stuff that made the room start spinning and put me right to sleep, but it seemed to make the heartburn that much worse when I did wake up. I'm just going to have to resort to carrying around a bottle of tums for the next 2 1/2 weeks. At least they have fruity flavors : )

With the short notice "emergency" on Monday, we now have the car seat installed, the crib mattress in, and we're working on washing clothes and packing hospital bags just in case she decides to make an early arrival. We still have a couple things left to do to get her nursery completely done but it's not much that I can do. We'll be finishing up the last of the shopping this weekend getting a few things to top off the needs and then it will be a waiting game : ) We've been beyond blessed to have such generous and loving friends who have supplied us with more than enough and I am so humbled by that! She is so loved already and I know the spoiling will only be kicked into overdrive when she gets here...especially by her Reesee and Pop and Mammy and Pappy!

Please continue to pray that everything keeps going good and that if she does decide to come early, Mommy and Daddy can maintain their sanity : )

2 1/2 more weeks!

God Bless!

Comments

Popular Posts