Our first vacation!

Our little 18 week old is gearing up for her first vacation to Gatlinburg this week!


I'm excited to get to document this momentus occasion as she will not remember any of it lol. I look forward to sharing it with her when she's older though :)

We've started full on teething now too! I'm talking extreme fussiness, swollen and sore gums, and atrocious diapers. We're praying that her TWO teeth come in very soon so she won't be miserable for much longer. It hurts my heart that I can't do much for her :(

We've also been dealing with cradle cap...it doesn't bother her but it just bugs me to no end! I hate that her head looks like a dry creek bed and her hair is falling out! I know most babies deal with it and it's not a big deal but I loved her thick dark hair and now it's thinned out so much and she has bald spots :( I know her hair will come back when her dry scalp gets better but I was really hoping we had dodged this bullet...oh well.

We've also FINALLY gotten back to good naps...hallelujah!!! The last several weeks she's taken a max of one hour naps at a time. Usually, it's more like 45 minutes and then she's awake for a few hours and a total fussy butt. The last two days have gotten MUCH better! Yesterday, she would have slept all day if we let her but church kept interrupting her naps ;) I think a lot of it has to do with the teething but I'm going to choose to believe that she's just going back to being a good napper. Just let me be blissful in my ignorance ;) it may all change this week anyway since we're headed to get our 4 month shots tomorrow :( Thank goodness she'll be with me and Rory for the next week so no one else will have to endure her "shot mood" by themselves ;)

We got to meet Mr Garrett Agee this weekend! He is so adorable and tiny! It's crazy to think that Emma was once that tiny lol It was so good to see his mama and daddy too :) they're doing a great job and I know that they'll be awesome parents!

That also reminds me that one year ago today, our lives changed forever when we found out Miss E was on her way! I remember that day so well too! I was a couple days late but didn't want to take a test because I had been so disappointed the month before when I thought for sure I was pregnant and then wasn't. We had just returned from Tennessee and I was just trying to keep my mind on anything else. I had a plan to take a test if I was still late a couple days later but Rory let it slip to some friends who convinced us to take one that Sunday afternoon...and the rest is history!

Time goes by so quickly! I would love for it to slow down but I love watching Emma grow and change and learn new things :) I have one more week with her before she starts daycare. I'm starting to be more optimistic about it now. This will help her socially so much because she'll get use to other people and other kids and she won't be so clingy to me lol. Not that I don't love the fact that she's a major mamas girl right now ;)

Hope everyone has a good first week of August and first week of school for all the kiddos!

God bless!

Comments

Popular Posts