Teething is the Devil

Ok so I know I'm a tad late giving an update this week but it's been a doosie of a start to this week. Emma did indeed have her 3rd cold last week. I think we may have shared it with her boyfriend Eli too :/

I figured we'd be back to our normal routine once the cold was good and gone, but nooo...then it was on to her first fever (which according to her ped was not technically a fever because it wasn't above 100.4, but it was enough for this mama to freak out a little). It didn't seem to phase her at all so I'm going to agree with all the other moms and say it's most likely the result of teething. Just to be safe, we had a girls day off Monday :) she's still maintaining a low grade fever but I'm thinking it will probably be around until those two teeth decide to grace us with their presence.


Her sleep has also suffered because of those devil teeth, which means Rory and my's sleep has also suffered :( last night was a LONG night for all of us...up about every hour to put her back to sleep, tylenol and Morton every so often, and a completely soaked sheet due to drool. Can I just reach in and pull them thru already?! I know this won't last forever but it sure feels like forever is now!

She's also now 25 weeks old and a week shy of 6 months old!!! Am I really suppose to have a 6 month old? She's half way to one! That's not even right...



We go for a follow up with Dr. King tomorrow to see how she's been progressing with her weight. This past week, she only gained an ounce but the nurse was excited that she was headed in the right direction and said she looked great. In total, she has gained 18 oz in the last 3 weeks. We'll see tomorrow if she's gained any in the past week and then we'll set a plan going forward :) I'm secretly hoping that she's gained enough that the doctor will tell us we can introduce some solids! Here's hoping :)

Rory is now officially permanent at his job now! He was under a 90-day trial period (which made him a nervous wreck all the time) and now he's official! Which also means a nice raise :D Not that money is everything, but when you have to start buying formula, it's a God-send!! Seriously, thank you God! 

I'm still good at my job for the moment but I'm always looking for other opportunities. It's getting somewhat better at work, but it's still just as crazy as ever! I feel like I could use a spa day VERY soon (hint hint Rory) ;)

Not much else to report. Just enjoying football season and now the weather to go with it!!!

God bless!

Comments

Popular Posts