Blessed am I among women....

Reminiscing today about my wedding three years ago has been so surreal. Has it really been three years?! Most days it feels like months rather than years. I wouldn't trade anything in the world for them! We've been through a good bit but, as I look back, its all been so amazingly blessed!

I could just break down into tears every time I think about how incredibly blessed Rory and I are and to have everything that we have! We aren't rich by the world's standards (in fact, we're blissfully living that American dream that over 90% of all other Americans are living....yay for debt) but we're rich in love and friends and family. There have been some overwhelming times, but I just stop and think about how many people would never let us go without and I am truly humbled. Our family and friends are our truest examples and role models of Christians. Even now, writing this, it brings me to tears when I think about how unworthy I am, and yet, God thinks I am. My husband thinks I am. My friends and family think I am. The greatest blessing I ever received, I wasn't even alive to see it come about...Jesus thought me worthy enough for His life to be taken so that I could have mine. Wow.....

I am blessed with a man that is there for me every step of the way. He supports me, loves me, comforts me, tries to console me when I'm dealing with morning sickness (now lets be honest, how can you really console someone who's puking...), makes sure I am taken care of with a roof over my head, clothes on my back, food for me to cook for him, and safety. That last one is a big one. I know sometimes I can get frustrated that he's being paranoid, but I would rather him be paranoid than be sorry that he wasn't. I know he will continue to surprise me throughout our lives and I cannot WAIT to see how much he loves our child. I've heard friends talk about seeing their spouse interact with their child for the first time and how much your love for them grows so much in that one moment. I truly can't wait to experience that because I can't even imagine how I could love Rory any more than I already do, and yet I continually surprise even myself everyday with loving him more. It has grown now into a respectful love and understanding that is overwhelming. I can't wait to tell my child about this kind of love one day and I pray that God will bless them with helping them find it one day.

Sorry for all the mushiness today. It's in part due to my anniversary and the other part hormonal. I'm telling you, these hormones will take you on a ride buddy! One minute I'm so happy and the next everything makes me ill. But I am taking all the experiences in because everything will be worth it when I see my son or daughter :)

God Bless!

Comments

Popular Posts