18 weeks - Isaiah 54:13

We are two weeks from halfway people!!! I can't believe I'm halfway to meeting my son or daughter...talk about humbling! It still doesn't feel real, but I imagine it really won't until Rory and I are holding our child in April. Even then, I may look around waiting for someone to say "Thanks for holding my kid. Can I have them back?"

My pants have officially been retired to the "post-baby" bin. I can still 'button' them with a hair tie but zipping them up is a whole other story. So I have now graduated to maternity clothes. I wore my first pair of pants today that my friend Emily was gracious enough to let me borrow! They are seriously some of the most comfortable pants ever! I now have several pairs of dress pants and a pair of jeans. You better believe I will be wearing the crap out of them! My mom and dad have also offered to take me shopping to get me some more clothes and I am so grateful! I've never been more excited to get fat!!!

Sleeping is still a challenge but I'm not expecting anything else from here on out. There is one good thing that comes from not sleeping well though...my baby is totally a night owl! I have finally started to feel the baby moving around and the other morning when I was up watching tv at 4 am, I felt the first kick! It was such a weird feeling! Lets just hope that he/she doesn't keep the night owl habit as they get older....although, if Rory's or my habits are any indication, this kid will be the best night owl ever!

I am also now a lumberjack trapped in this tiny woman's body...talk about appetite! I may not be able to each much portion-wise at each meal, but I swear, I am constantly hungry! I could eat all day long if someone kept putting food in front of me! I really crave fruits now. Even typing this, my mouth is drooling thinking about strawberries and plums! Those are my two favs right now and just thinking about it makes me want to run out and buy all the strawberries and plums I can find! I also really crave veggies, especially zucchini! Not sure why zucchini, but I can't stop thinking about grilled zucchini and pork chops....ok now I need to stop thinking about food period....

Rory and I are travelling to Tennessee this weekend to take Tevin back. It's been an adventure (to say the least) to have a 15 y.o. living with us for the last little while but I will miss having him around. It's definitely been a learning experience for us. I am making mental notes all the time about what I want to do with this kid and the rules I want to set on different things. I will definitely say that even though I am pregnant now, the best birth control would be to have a teenager come live with you for a short time. I'm just glad this kid will come out 0 and not 15! I'll have plenty of time for my patience and experience to get better before I take on an independent 15 y.o.!

So now it's on to nursery-decorating and registry-making! I am constantly on the lookout for good deals and maybe we'll even find a few we can't pass up for all the holiday sales. Either way, this baby will be taken care of and immensely loved so I have no worries : )

22 weeks to go!

God bless!

Comments

Popular Posts