21 weeks - Psalm 37:5,7

With the Thanksgiving holiday last week, my weekly blog post is a little late...but better late than never right? : )

This past week was so nice and relaxing! I need about 51 more just like that ; ) Work wasn't bad but then again, I think everyone was so done with work that there wasn't much to do! That didn't stop some of the clients for screaming for their product to be shipped in a day and to get to a site before Thanksgiving...yeah right. Like that was ganna happen. 

Wednesday was really the start for me : ) we had "family" lunch with my grandmother on Wednesday since we would be out of town for Thanksgiving. It was my family (minus Rory and Audra), Grandmama, and then my Uncle Bill. We had a nice time with some good talks about the impending Iron Bowl and Emma got her first outfit! My grandmother had a lady that comes by her apartment once a month hand-crochet a blanket, beanie, and sweater for Emma. It was so freakin' adorable! I had to try so hard not to cry as I pulled it out. I can't wait to see her in it! 



Then it was back to "work" for a couple of hours before bolting home to pack and get ready for Mississippi. My brothers and SIL weren't able to come because they had to work on Friday (I totally don't miss those days!) so it was just my parents and Rory and myself. We still had a good time and got to see my aunt and uncle and cousins and grandparents...plus LOTS of good food! As hungry as I am all the time, it kills me that I can't stuff my face, especially when there is a spread of turkey, roast, strawberry salad, dressing, mac and cheese, rolls, green beans, corn, etc. I had to stop myself several times so I wouldn't make myself sick! This little girl was making it hard for my stomach to expand where I wanted it : /  

In any case, my mom had also bought Emma an outfit and had it waiting on us when we got to Columbus Wednesday night. It was the cutest little bow and bloomer set with matching socks!!! Rory was a little less than enthused about the bow (it was totally what we call a "Piper" bow) and is adamant that she won't be wearing it. We'll see ; ) 

As cute as her first two outfits are, I still don't feel like I'm having a baby! Granted, my belly is telling everyone otherwise but it just feels like I'm getting these cute gifts to give someone else! My mom assured me that it's totally normal and it still won't feel like she's mine after she's born. Maybe it's that I don't feel like I'm old enough to having a kid (even though I'll be 27 next monday) or that I don't feel like I'm mature enough to have a kid. I still feel like I'm 18 and have so much to experience before I'm an adult....news flash Carrie! You are one! I'm sure there are plenty of first-time mothers out there that know EXACTLY what this feels like. I'm excited, but I'm nervous as all get out! I still have 4 months to go but sometimes it feels like it's next week! There's so much to do and I feel like I'm running out of time! I'm sure this new feeling will never go away once Emma gets here so I'll just have to seriously work on my prayer life and doing a better job at letting go and letting God. 

So while my mom and Gran and I didn't join the crazies on Thursday night for "Black Friday" shopping, we did get up on Friday and do a little bit. We didn't go until 9 but you would have thought these stores were going out of business! Boxes being thrown everywhere, people screaming and shoving, women dashing to try and get the last pair of boots on sale....if you haven't guessed by now, no, I have never been Black Friday shopping. Not the hardcore kind anyways. I've had pretty good luck in the past going at 10 or 11 on Friday and finding everything I wanted and missing the masses of idiots in the process : ) This time, I didn't do any shopping for Christmas gifts, but my grandmother did get an awesome pair of red boots (she's a total fashionista at 85!) and some earrings for all around $25! I was there to return some pants my mom had bought me and got two cute maternity shirts instead : )

Then came Saturday....oh Saturday! It was a great day ALL DAY LONG! Slept late Saturday morning, cooked breakfast, cut my husband's hair, got some laundry done, got the dishes done...a pretty productive morning : ) Then it was off to some friends' house to prepare for the most epic showdown of the year....the Iron Bowl!!! I have to be honest....I really didn't think that Auburn would win because of the way that Alabama had been dominating all year. I knew it would be close but I had NO idea that it would be one of the best games ever! My brother and dad actually got to go to the game so I know it was 100x more epic in person. It made it even better that I watched it with a bunch of Alabama fans : ) They were very good sports about it and were very gracious losers. Now to prepare ourselves for Missouri in Atlanta! It would be pretty awesome to go to the National Championship but Missouri will definitely not be an easy win. They are pretty good and it will make the SEC Championship worth watching for the first time in a long time! 

As much as I dislike Alabama, I have to give a shout-out to Cade Foster. Roll Tide man. Take a pic of that because it is the only time you will EVER see me type or say that! Bless the boys heart, he fought a good fight. He just happened to have a rare off-night and he's being crucified for it! Give the kid a break! That's what he is! A kid! I can't even begin to imagine the kind of pressure he had on him in such a big game and being 22 years old....I would have cracked a long time ago! College football is big in the south and everyone knows it, but so many people seem to forget that these kids are just that...kids. They're late teens, early 20-somethings who's main goal should be to get a better education to support their future families. It is just a stinkin' football game people! After next year, this game will be just another game in the past. And when we all die and get to Judgement, God's not going to say "Well, your team didn't win so, sorry." I'm sure he's getting quite a good laugh at the idiocy that happens when people put so much stock into a college football game.

I enjoy a good football game as much as the next person and I am beyond excited that Auburn has done so well this year and I don't care that people say we're the "luckiest" team....I'll take that! I'll take the 11-1 season we're having. I'll take the Iron Bowl win to clinch the SEC West. I'll take the trip to Atlanta to play Missouri for the SEC Championship and possible trip to the National Championship with a win. I'll agree that we are lucky. We're lucky that Georgia's defensive backs couldn't decide whether to catch the ball or bat it away. We're lucky that Alabama's true freshman kicker (who apparently can kick 60 yard field goals in practice) missed from 56 yards out and we had Chris Davis in the end zone to return the kick for a touchdown. We're lucky that Cade Foster was having such an off night. I'll take lucky! War Eagle!

So now that football is getting into the post-season, the next big event to look forward to is Christmas! I really can't believe that we are a little over 3 weeks away!!! I am so excited but it's a little bitter sweet. This will be the last Christmas that Rory and I have with just the two of us. Next year, we'll have our precious little girl here! I can't wait to start our own traditions with her and I know that with the help of Pinterest, there'll be some good ones! ; ) And I know that her Reese and Pop with spoil her rotten so I can only imagine what next year will hold for us!

Hope everyone's Thanksgiving was full of thankfulness!

19 weeks to go!

God bless!

Comments

Popular Posts