23 Weeks - Isaiah 26:3-4

This has been a weird week...but one week closer to another holiday and more days off work! ; )

We started things off on a sad note. Rory's grandfather passed away last Saturday so we left Monday night for the visitation and the funeral on Tuesday. It was good to get to see some of his family that we don't see very often and I even got to meet some of his family that I've never met before! Yes, it's sad that we've been together for over 5 years and there is still some family I've never met : / But then again, there are a few people in my family that Rory hasn't met...not many, but a few. The funeral was very good and very emotional. Even though Rory's granddad was 83, it was still hard on a lot of his family because his grandfather was such a big part of that family. Although the circumstances weren't great, it was VERY nice to be off work for a day and not worry about it : ) Can you tell I'm ready for a vacation?!

The week got crazier as it went along. Apparently, the end of the year is when everyone looses their minds and makes outrageous requests at work that no physical being could make happen - good thing I've got my God! I've been emotionally and physically exhausted everyday when I get home...which is multiplied by like a bajillion when you're pregnant! Not to mention, I have joined the millions that are now fighting that awesome sinus junk that this time of year always gifts us with : (

A few good things did happen this week that made the week worth dealing with. My best friend finally announced her pregnancy!!! I am so beyond excited for Rachel and Steven and I can't wait for Emma to have another little friend! It's so surreal when your friends are now past the getting married stage and are now all having babies! Sarah is due a week after me and Rachel will have her little one in August! It's going to be so much fun when Rory and I make Florence trips in the next year because the guys can go have a guy day and we'll have play dates!

My friend Monica is also REALLY close to having Eli! I'm guessing he'll be here next week : ) It just doesn't seem real that they'll become a family of three before the end of the year! It blows my mind even more that Rory and I will be a family of three in 4 months or less! CRAZY!

I've also gotten to experience those ever-so-wonderful braxton hicks contractions....NOT wonderful! I've only had a couple but they are not fun! I didn't think it was normal for my belly to go from mushy to rock hard and then back within a few moments. Even though Emma has been moving around A LOT, it was still not normal to feel like your stomach was being filled with cement : / Thankfully, I haven't had any more for almost a week so maybe it will be just a couple every few weeks or months. This girl needs to cook a little more!

I've also started to get leg cramps...talk about painful! And there's really nothing to do but grin and bear it : / I usually get them after I've been sitting for a while and then I get up and walk around for a little bit. I guess I really need to start getting some exercise. That, or start carrying around mustard packs or bananas everywhere I go....maybe not.

As much as I complain about pregnancy symptoms, Rory and I discussed the other day that it really hasn't been that bad (knock on wood). He was asking me if I could do this one or two more times ; ) - not that we're already thinking about the next one or two, but maybe we are. It will definitely be a little while after Miss Emma comes, but I really am already thinking about how I want her and her siblings to have the same kind of fun and relationships that my brothers and I had. We probably won't be having another one 18 months after she gets here, but we'll just have to see what God decides to do in our lives : )

17 weeks to go!

God bless!

Comments

Popular Posts