7 weeks

We're making a little progress but time seems to be moving at a snail's pace. We're at 7 weeks and not much has changed.

I'm still dealing with nausea, even while taking meds. I just hate to see what it would be like without them! It helps when I eat smaller, more frequent meals so I've kept a box of Cherrios by the bed and I've kept the Lunchables people in business for the last couple of weeks. They're perfect to take to work and snack on!

I'm also still really tired. This past weekend was just the long weekend I needed. Emma and I both got some much needed rest. Sunday night, I slept a glorious 10 hours and Emma slept 13! I still felt tired when I woke up and could have easily taken another nap during the day Monday but I felt like I would just stay tired if all I did was sleep all day. It would have been the perfect day to do it though!

I also have this tiny baby bump ALREADY! I knew that it would likely show up sooner than with Emma because it's my second, but I didn't think it would be this early! I do enjoy not having to suck in though so it's all hanging down now ;)

We're still waiting one more week before we announce it to the whole world but I'm thinking with all the nausea and tiredness, this baby is growing just fine. I'm about ready for my burst of energy from the second trimester! 6 more weeks to go for that though.

I'm trying to push through a lot of the discomfort and symptoms because I know that I can't just do nothing with a 2 year old to run after. Rory's been a HUGE help with Emma at times when he can see that I'm too tired or sick to do much of anything. I can see that he and Emma's relationship will get a lot closer in the next year, especially after the new baby gets here and I'm helping with the baby and Emma and he are on their own, so to speak. He's a great husband and dad and I'm so proud to have him for this journey!

Emma's speech is continuing to go very well and her m's are starting to come a little easier now. I'm still baba but I think she's so use to calling me that now, it's what I'm going to stay. She's starting to use more two word sentences to tell us what she wants and it's getting easier every day to understand a few more words. I think she's cutting her 2 year molars right now so the last couple of days have been pretty bad in the world of a 2 year old. She's super clingy and is very particular about everything. She'll throw a fit in a minute if somethings not done the way she wants it. That's resulted in a lot of spankings recently too. She knows we mean business so the tantrums don't last very long, but I hate to see what she'll be like as a teen! We have time until that though.

Hope everyone enjoyed their 4th of July weekend!

33 weeks to go! God bless!

Comments

Popular Posts