TGIF

THANK GOODNESS ITS FRIDAY!!! : D I have been waiting impatiently for this day all week! I am beyond excited! So many things to do between now and 6 am Monday morning when our flight leaves for NEW YORK!!! Lots of laundry, hair cut tomorrow morning, packing, somewhat cleaning the house so Curt can house-sit next week, making sure all the bills are up to date, etc.

Last night was a pretty good start for a week of fun and relaxation...we all went out bowling for Audra's 22nd Bday! It was a blast! It did suck a little that we had to wait an hour and a half to get lanes cuz of the bowling leagues playing on Thursdays (who knew!) and not to mention its spring break down here AND it was St. Patrick's day (which means a lot of green and a LOT of beer). We finally started at 9:30 and bowled a couple of games. I tried to learn how to spin the ball...which really just resulted in me dropping it really hard and it immediately spinning into the gutter. Of course my hubby put a whoopin' on everyone ; ) I definitely married the athlete of the group! I just hope our kids get his athleticism...cuz if they get mine, they're in for a very boring childhood. We always joke about how we want our kids to get his athleticism and my brains (Rory went to Mt. Pleasant High School, which is the equivalent of no school at all..haha!) but we'll probably end up with kids with my athleticism and his brains...bless their unborn hearts. I will say that I learned a very important lesson last night in regards to kids. Some of our friends that came to bowl have a little boy that they brought. He just turned 4 and is a hoot! He was so excited about bowling and actually did really well. But wouldn't you know, at that age, that kids will repeat ANYTHING they hear. And of course, with it being St. Patrick's day AND spring break, there was no shortage of drunk idiots at the bowling ally. Jackson heard one guy next to us tell his friends that he was "kicking a**" so Jackson proceeds to turn to his mom and tell her that he is "kicking a**"...Candice immediately told him that we don't say that word and that the man should have been spanked for saying it. : ) Too cute...of course that wasn't the only thing that man said all night. There were a few F bombs dropped too. Candice just said that as much as she wanted to shelter Jackson from everything, he would eventually have to learn that you can't repeat every phrase or word you hear. What a lesson to learn for a 4 year old : /

I don't think Rory and I will have to be teaching that lesson to any kids for a while, but I guess its just one of those you can never be too prepared for.

For now, may God bless you.

Comments

Popular Posts